Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 07:50 PM   #21
Beoulve
The Magister

I wish that the Saturn did better. It had the best sprite capabilites of any system, to date.

Why I like sprites over 3d:

When you go 3d, you're trying to make something look realistic, ofr the most part. games that do it to look cartoony are fine by me. THe thing is, a great-looking game doesn't look great anymore after 5 years when it's like that. One of the main draws to such graphical prowess games is no longer there, and the game becomes obsolete.

But no so with sprites.

A well-drawn anything is timeless. TIMELESS. FOREVER.

The only reason I mention this is that there were two Mega Man games that passed under my nose because of the horrible, horrible marketing atrocity that the Saturn so unfortunately had. It makes me sad. :'(
Old 09-06-2003, 04:12 AM   #22
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

aaahhhh .... "All games are equally shapen in the image of our Lord. None stand out and none are left behind. All must cherish the digital greatness that was given to us by The Creator. " ........ aaaaahhhhhmmmmmm

P.S.: Low-G-Man so OwnZz every single video-game character out there known to DATE! So sayeth the wise guy from Video-Power (some of you may remember this show, others do not...)
Old 09-06-2003, 06:43 AM   #23
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

I don't know what you're talking about, Beoulve, but if you're going to say things like "If I could, I would literally smash your face in right now." after someone states their opinion, I don't think you can complain.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:33 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Beoulve:
It's funny how many people will start to hate you for having an honest opinion you can back up about disliking something they enjoy.

Seriously, guys, just because I absolutely despise the much "beloved" FF7, doesn't mean I'm a bad guy.
Many people? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Er...what did you do again?

Old 09-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
I don't know what you're talking about, Beoulve, but if you're going to say things like "If I could, I would literally smash your face in right now." after someone states their opinion, I don't think you can complain.
Damn right.

Old 09-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #26
Beoulve
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
aaahhhh .... "All games are equally shapen in the image of our Lord. None stand out and none are left behind. All must cherish the digital greatness that was given to us by The Creator. " ........ aaaaahhhhhmmmmmm

P.S.: Low-G-Man so OwnZz every single video-game character out there known to DATE! So sayeth the wise guy from Video-Power (some of you may remember this show, others do not...)
Ahaha! Low-G Man was awesome. I'd have voted for him in the GameFAQs Character Battle.

PCGiant: Oh, but its so fun to mock the FF7 fanboys that won't even bother to play any of the thousands of better games out there! It's frustrating to me.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:09 AM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:

Ahaha! Low-G Man was awesome. I'd have voted for him in the GameFAQs Character Battle.

PCGiant: Oh, but its so fun to mock the FF7 fanboys that won't even bother to play any of the thousands of better games out there! It's frustrating to me.
[/QUOTE] Just rembember to be frustrated without flaming. You're in a non-flame zone. A little lighthearted joking isn't bad, though.

I can't even add to this conversation- I haven't played console games since...ok, let's just say Pac Man was new.... LOL! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #28
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Low-G-Man was on the character battle and I missed it? OMG, how lame AM I!!!!

Good for you to vote for him dude!!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #29
Beoulve
The Magister

Quote:
Low-G-Man was on the character battle and I missed it? OMG, how lame AM I!!!!

No, no, you misunderstood. I was just saying that IF HERE WAS ON IT, I'd have voted for him.

Seriously, though, I don't think that the GameFAQs battle was arranged very well. It was half Square characters, half Nintendo characters. It was more a battle between to the gaming companies in terms of characters than anything else.

Where were the PC characters? I bet that anyone who has played any Theif games would have voted for Garret were he there.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #30
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Low-G-Man was on the character battle and I missed it? OMG, how lame AM I!!!!

No, no, you misunderstood. I was just saying that IF HERE WAS ON IT, I'd have voted for him.

Seriously, though, I don't think that the GameFAQs battle was arranged very well. It was half Square characters, half Nintendo characters. It was more a battle between to the gaming companies in terms of characters than anything else.

Where were the PC characters? I bet that anyone who has played any Theif games would have voted for Garret were he there.
[/QUOTE]Well, in terms of realism, Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell would easily win all the battles, since he can cloak himself completely from view, even in broad daylight when someone is standing right in front of him! We should have that suit of his in BGII!!