Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Hey! How about last night's show?

Spoilers...

Nikki The only real interesting thing with her this week was on the previews for next week. That's all I will say about that for now. I cannot wait to see next week!

Matt Got his freak on with the wifey...and now he's passed out in the grocery store because he overloaded because he could not handle the high-stress vibes from everyone. I am worried about what will happen to him and if he's gonna lose his relationship now that he's mended it again. I really hope that nothing happens to his wife or marriage, speaking in a sense that if I were in his shoes...I am pulling for his marriage to stay intact. I only worry because I have seen too many stories like this where the couple is happy, the guy goes out and gets into something that it completely backflips the whole getting-back-together thing. I hate it when Hollywood does that. For once, please let this be a new idea.

Cheerleader and Dad: What more can I say? I wished that the boy would have died, but then...that death would have been a murder point against our "hero". Therefore, its better that he lived. But my question is...Do you think the dad and his friend are "good guys"? In a sense...

Hiro: Notice that his name phonetically spoken is similar to hero? Nice, eh? Not much here, other than he knows the flying man now. ( I am bad with some names...)

Speaking of our flying, bad-boy, not really bad boy...DID YOU SEE HIS FLIGHT?!?!?! Man! WHOOOOSH! He was outta there! And then that 90 degree BOOM! That was the highlight of the show man!

Chamelion-boy (told ya...bad with names), he is now hanging with the man whose girl he was a banging and finished his art work for him on that one picture. I did not understand what I was looking at, so does anyone have any ideas?

</font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #22
Marathon
Elminster

Good episode this week - I'm really liking the flying politician. At first I thought his power would be pretty lame looking on TV, but they really made it awesome! Plus, he's extorting the extortionists? "For 4 million you've got a Congressman in your pocket" was a great line.

Then the cheerleader's father - I've been wondering if he might not be as evil as he seemed, and I think this episode did give us enough wiggle room to at least question. They are presenting very morally gray characters, which I like. He didn't kill, or really even harm the cop that we know of. Being a dad with a little girl, I started to like him the moment he walked into the quarterback's hospital room.

Can't wait for the next episode, and hopefully seeing the "mirror lady" show what she can do with her powers. And yeah, I'm rooting for the cop and his wife, but I'm very skeptical...

Someone at work said the show is only supposed to go 24 episodes - has anyone else heard this?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #23
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>AHH! What the heck was that? What!!!!!

Spoilers, if you could not gues...

Hiro upset that he could not save the gamblers from apparently Nikki's rage attack, then DL turns out to not be a bad guy but Nikki apparently is, because of the alter ego thing...and then DL has to kill her in self-defense because she's framed him...and Micah sees it all! MAN! What is going down?

My wife guessed at the fact that the bioparents were not really the parents. We saw last week that the dad may not be such a bad guy...but then why do this?

I knew that Eden was a set-up...and they're after the painter now. What did he call him? What was the name that the dad used to tell Eden to bring in the...?

I was a bit surprised that not all the heroes got air-time tonight. The two brothers had nothing to do with the show tonight, nor Matt the cop. From the previews of next week...it looks like they're not in it either. But DL will meet up with Hiro...which is really ironic because Hiro's friend has a crush on DL's now dead (apparently...I mean...he crushed her insides) wife, Nikki.

Crazy Show! Got me all worked up!</font>
Old 10-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #24
Marathon
Elminster

Awesome show tonight!

Bring in the precog, as in precognition. I could be wrong, but I don't think Nikki is dead - they've invested too much time into her character. I think we'll see her again. DL is cool - I like the shadow powers.

[ 10-31-2006, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Old 10-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I forgot to mention the glasses that the dad held up and looked at whilst talking to Eden by phone. Are those the same ones that were in the professor's office that day that the son of the professor walked in and discovered somebody there and ran out...leaving the glasses behind on the book? Do you think the glasses can see heroes?</font>
Old 11-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #26
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

How bout that episode last night, although i think i liked the preview for the next one better. "That's my daughter!"
Old 11-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #27
Marathon
Elminster

Finally, a little backstory coming on the father. Should be good.

Did anyone get the feeling that the brother who flies did get the painting, but just didn't give it over to his younger brother? I think the show is trying to keep us off balance - maybe there is more to the older brother than we've been told. Just a guess.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Yeah, that painting issue has me stumped. I thought he got it for him, but he lied about getting it! I don't see where he's going with that.

What about Micah, knowing that it was not his mom, and Jessica told him that Nikki cannot come back until things are taken care of.

Hey...I also realized that Claire is the only one that cannot be harmed by Radiation Man. She cannot burn. I wonder if that will have any plot.

We knew all along that Micah had a gift, but I thought it was just being really smart or something...but he can manipulate technology? That was cool how the phone only worked for him and not for his dad when DL grabbed the phone away from him. </font>
Old 11-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

MAn, I love this show.

In any event, the theory is that Peter is a mimic. Think about it. He hangs out with his brother, and flies when he falls off the buliding, albeit for a brief moment. Then, when he's with Isaac, he painst the rest of the painting. He's a mimic I tells ya
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #30
Marathon
Elminster

Yeah - Peter is a mimic. That's for certain. So, is the radiation man the one responsible for blowing up New York (in the future)? It just occurred to me if he gets hurt he could effectively have a meltdown (ala DC's Captain Atom). Maybe Claire is the key to getting to him.

Edit - Micah's scene was very cool. Nice powers, but the fact that he knows his mom's other side is coming and still told her where to come was a nice touch.

[ 11-10-2006, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Marathon ]