Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 06:16 AM   #21
Eudoxus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My first party bombed out so my 2nd party is :-

Krusk - H-Orc Barbarian (main tank). Longsword mainly.

Ulfgar - Shield Dwarf Fighter (2nd tank). Axes mainly.

Lia - H-Elf Cleric of Lathander (healer + tank). Crossbow/Mace.

Bayne - Elf Wizard. Caster + Longbow.

Magnus - Human Sorcerer. Caster + Crossbow.

Alia - Strongheart Hafling Rogue. Shortsword + Longbow.

Am almost finished chapter 2 & this party is performing excellently.
Eudoxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:02 AM   #22
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

LOL....I have only one character....

ISHANDA:

Human Monk

My very own purveyor of everything, tanky, stealthy, mediccy and snipey.

stats:

(at the moment)

15/19/10/10/18/10

AC: 25

BAB: +15/+13/+9/+6

Lv: 15

For the most part I use fists and my trusty old crossbow.

I am currently in the Ice Castle in Level two (almost done)
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:51 AM   #23
coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i allways go solo....rogue/level 21 currently on chapter 5

the 'house of despana insignia' has been a life saver [img]smile.gif[/img]
casting 'otilukes resilient sphere' and sitting in my warm globe while wizards waste their spells on me or kill their own, then going in for the kill when they are weak...har har
Old 10-02-2002, 08:59 AM   #24
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I am using amostyl human party . I wish I had at least one Asimar but next time around.

Laerning the new rules i gave all my PC the feat of toughness at lvl one. I wish i did not. You level up quikly in IWD2.

Ranger S18/D15/C16/I9/W12/Ch8 currently level 10
Feats in longsword, Bow, Strong back(Dumb), Imp Intiative and Two weapon fighting. Search skill is 9.

Shield Dwarf Fighter S19/D14/c16/i9/w9/ch8 LVL10. Feats axe x3. bow x3 Imp Intiative. Skill diable traps 9.

Half Elf female Fighter s16/d16/c15/I9/w/9/ch 13 Feats in Bow x3 and longsword x3. Rapid shot and precise shot. Skill is Diplomacy 9.

Halfling fighter/Rogue lvl 5/5 s12/d17/C14/i9/w9/ch9 Feats in sling, small sword and imp inita. Skills are hide and Pick pocket and open locks.

Human Wizard lvlv 10 s11/d15/con14/in18/wis11/ch8 feats in small sword and cross bow. ino int and spell penatration. and evocation. skills all wizards skills alchemay concentrataion spellcraft.

Human cleric Lathander. s12/d14/c14/in11/w16/ch8. Feats in mace and bow. skill is wildernaess lore.

Will make a better party after I complete game and play HOF mode.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:03 AM   #25
koz-ivan
Manshoon

having a hard time settling on a party. this is my learn on the fly party, it's far from perfect.

tiefling bard w/ a few rogue levels -> terrible mistake, ecl + the multi class, really limits this char, she's a good scout and has some nice buff spells, but is not the ideal scout, does fight well w/ a bow. (next go round, human bard no multi before level 11, if at all)

half orc barbarian & ftr -> great pounder up the middle, has some speed and hits really hard, wpns switch from dual short swords, great swords, quater staff, dual maces as situation requires. i love this char, and one like her will be in most of my parties, at first i thought the 1/2 orc was a "weak" class but the high strength 20+ means it's hits very hard. responsible for about 40% of kills.

dwarf druid w/ a little ftr -> not bad, i like the druid spells, but i lose most of the ftr (and con!) benefits when shapechanged, next druid may be a frail asamar w/ high int, wis, cha. tanks as a boar / bear throws hammers in ranged, and casts spike stones an awful lot.

asamar paladin of ill / cleric of ill levels about equal, really a total waste imo. i min maxed this one too much and as a result i have a decent cleric who is 5 or 6 levels behind, and a very poor paladin. poor combat ability + no high level spells yet = total waste, barely 8% of party kills, and has been ressurected way too often. next time this may be either a take one level of paladin -> cleric / or i may scrap the whole idea and go w/ a monk instead, or a ftr 4 / pal and just worry about combat tanking.

gnome, illusionist w/ a little bit of thief, he's the trap and lock guy + backup mage, i miss having a full time thief but have dual fireballers is pretty nice too. fights well w/ bow. the slower advancement of the multi actually works in my favour a bit as scrolls that were once too late, are now on time!

wild elf barbarian 2 -> sorc. she makes the whole party work, a decent mix of attack spells w/ some defense and the ability to cast on the fly. incredible, when not roasting enemies she uses a bow rather well, also known to throw hammers. only slight flaw too much focus on flame type spells, burning hands, scorcher, fireball, flame arrow ect ect. i should of diversified damage types better, and avoided "direct beam" type spells (as i always seem to roast 2-3 party members w/ them.) i wanted a "fire" type mage, spirit of flame ect ect, but i think i focused too much.

[ 10-02-2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: koz-ivan ]
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:40 AM   #26
Magness
Quintesson

My Second Party:

Half-orc Barbarian/Fighter:
Primary weapon is a greatsword. Is responsible for about 35% of the party's kills. My primary tank. Favorite tactic? "Argh!!! Tactics? Me not need no skinkin' tactics!!!"

Aasimar Paladin of Helm:
My #2 tank. Currently his primary weapon is the +4 Ice Spear. Is responsible for about 20% of the party's kills.

Dwarven Battleguard of Tempus:
first backup tank. Primary weapons split between greataxe and sling. A solid melee contributor.

Human Sorceror:
His primary focus is on Enchantment spells. But overall, he's a solid spellcaster. Primary weapon: crossbow. He's the primary talk for my party. Favorite tactic: against a mob, charm 1 enemy archer and 1 melee-er. This causes nearby enemies to target them and not my party. REALLY changes the tide of a battle.

Elven Wizard:
Her focus is on area effect spells. Primary weapon: Bow.

Strongheart Halfling Rogue/Fighter:
Primary weapon: bow, but will switch to dual-wielding a shortsword & dagger in a heartbeat. She's a surprisingly potent melee fighter. Her shortsword is the Brilliant Short Sword +5 that's the Rank 10 prize from the Battle Squares.

This party is doing some serious monster monster-buttkicking. There seem to be no weaknesses in the group.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:57 AM   #27
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Aasimar Bard 15 (f)--my raven-haired negotiator, spell-buffer and crossbow wielder with enough cleavage to distract a eunuch

Half-Orc Fighter 12/Barbarian 4 (m)--uber tank with greatswords...damn ugly, but not as dumb as he looks

Tiefling Monk 15 (m)--super dex, moderate strength...not a hard hitter (or a terribly effective hitter), but he's kind of like my team mascot

Shield Dwarf Cleric of Tempus 16 (m)--master of the healing touch and tertiary tank with an electric throwing axe

Human Rogue 12/Fighter 4 (f)--shifty, skulduggerous and bow-friendly

Elven Wizard 15/Fighter 1 (m)--dextrous and acid obsessed...he tries to wear armour like the big boys, but it's too heavy for him
Old 10-02-2002, 06:35 PM   #28
Helmsley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's my little addition to the IWD2 world.

Drow Ranger (yep, my own little Drizzt)
Half-elf Paladin of Helm
Aasimar Morninglord of Lathander
Svirfneblin Wizard
Human Bard
Strongheart Rogue

Finding some of the fights a little difficult, though. Probably sub-raced when I shouldn't have (that 3 level adjustment on my mage stinks; he can only remember like four spells with an 18 Int). I'll know better next time I guess. LOL
Helmsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:48 PM   #29
Gregory Longshanks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Human - Fighter
Moon-Elf - Ranger
Moon-Elf - Paladin of Mystra
Drow-Elf - Rogue
Drow-Elf - Evoker
Moon-Elf - Silverstar of Selune

So far so good.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:13 PM   #30
Methenaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aisimar fighter14/1barbarian doesn't seem to do much, dies alot more than my barbarian but manages around 30% of the kills, 14f/1barb
MY barbarian is my star tank with at least 135k experiance worth of kills lvl15 barb
My i thin Asimar cleric was not extremly useful until raise dead and some buffer spells i think 15 lvl
My hafling thief has a low amount o fkills but is extremely useful i think 15 thief
i love mages the most and i am even considering droping a character and express level a new mage, anyway
14lvl drow wizard who i am considering my main guy has at least as much e.p. worht killed and % as my fighter
and finally
15 lvl wizard who i started at about chapter 2 because my original one was a deep rock gnome and he died so i just made a new one because it was more convieniant than going and getting him raised, i seemed to do that a lot in the beginning
Methenaus is offline   Reply With Quote