Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #21
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Is that what you prescribe to your patients, Attalus? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I want YOU for my doctor! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Sazerac
Yeah, but most of the silly buggers want decongestants and antibiotics. Go figure.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:04 PM   #22
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This is actually a genuine East Texas remedy called Cow Patty Tea. You prepare the tea by combining dried cow droppings tied in a rag, the scrapings from under the bark of a red oak tree, pine needles, Merlin root and water in a pot and cook until the tea is black. Drink it at night and the next morning your chest would be clear and you would feel much better.

Apparently it was the sure cure in the "old days" for the common cold, at least in East Texas. Personally, I'd give it a miss myself and stick with Sudafed.

-Sazerac

[ 11-19-2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #23
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Pritchke, what exactly is neo-citrin? I don't think I've heard of it.

Hmm! It is quite possibly a Canadian thing. Basically it is a box of of packets, so you rip one open, empty it into a mug and fill the mug with hot water to drink. Comes in different flavours like lemon, and apple. It contains vitemin C and alot of other things to get over the flu. usually it makes you very sleepy, and can clear up sinius, headaches as well. I believe it comes in a non-drousy form as well so you don't end up falling asleep while driving. It may be called something else in the states but it should be available at your local drug store if you have it.

[ 11-19-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 11-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #24
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
This is actually a genuine East Texas remedy called Cow Patty Tea. You prepare the tea by combining dried cow droppings tied in a rag, the scrapings from under the bark of a red oak tree, pine needles, Merlin root and water in a pot and cook until the tea is black. Drink it at night and the next morning your chest would be clear and you would feel much better.

Apparently it was the sure cure in the "old days" for the common cold, at least in East Texas. Personally, I'd give it a miss myself and stick with Sudafed.

-Sazerac
somehow taking a sicky off work sounds more appealing

Old 11-19-2002, 03:12 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ronn, I think the MIRACLE would be surviving the cure! LOL Same goes for that East Texas one, Saz...EEEEEEEEWWWW! I'll skip it, thanks! Mel's ginger/honey and liquids sounds waaaaaay more to my taste! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hmmm..nyquil...well that just knocks me out- not good at work!
Old 11-19-2002, 03:12 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
somehow taking a sicky off work sounds more appealing
LOL, Lord Shield! Of everyone here, I figured *you* would find the Cow Chip Tea remedy the most appealing! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-19-2002, 03:13 PM   #27
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I usually run around in the snow naked, singing Christmas carols.

J/k, this Neo Citron stuff works quite well for coughing and sore throats.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #28
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ronn, I think the MIRACLE would be surviving the cure! LOL Same goes for that East Texas one, Saz...EEEEEEEEWWWW! I'll skip it, thanks! Mel's ginger/honey and liquids sounds waaaaaay more to my taste! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hmmm..nyquil...well that just knocks me out- not good at work!
Heh Heh thats why i use nyquil so i can sleep all day and then i'm not awake to feel bad. But that would hender your working ability
Old 11-19-2002, 03:16 PM   #29
WillowIX
Apophis

To get rid of sore throats hereīs another trick. Place a pea under your tongue. This will help relax the muscles in your throat As to a quick treatment, currently a cold medicine is in clinical trials (is expected to cure cold asap). Iīll see if I can dig something up. Otherwise thereīs not really anything to do about colds than endure them . If you suspect allergies pay Attalus a visit if you donīt already have medications for it. Itīll just get worse if you donīt treat it . To finish, get well soon Cloudy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-19-2002, 03:16 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sarah, AMEN! Having colds and allergies all the time is awful! I think your mom's giner/honey tip is probably an excellent one for the throat and with your singing, it's a great idea to keep your throat from being irritated or raspy too.

Ahh, pritchke, that sounds like AlkaSeltzer cold/flu remedies or other brands of the same thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've taken it for flu or when my cold was really bad and I could stay home. It does come in a form without antihistamines (the non drowsy one) but if you have a runny nose that's what you need most, I'm told!