Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

GET WELL SOON

Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

yah, what johhny said!

I hope you don't have a bad flu, Sever.

And Sir G...allergic to the retainers? I never realized that could happen.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #23
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
And Sir G...allergic to the retainers? I never realized that could happen.
I dunno, he said it might be the acrylics or something they make it with.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #24
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

So does that mean you can never have a retainer, or just you have to have some specially made one?

I watched next weeks (shown on E4 this week)'s Lost and it left me a subtle clue.

In a flashback scene with Jin showing up at some guys house on "business" for Sun's father, the guy said "please, not in front of my daughter" and the camera went to his daughter, watching TV. On the TV was none other than Hurley! I paused and rewound and I know it is him! Why he was on Hong Kong (I think) TV, I hope I find out next week. I *think* next week is the episode about Hurley.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #25
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks johnny, but i feel rotten. Just had my second near sleepless night and my headache is still steadily thrumming along. My throat is more swollen than yesterday but the other symptoms have calmed down a bit. Going to the doctor this morning.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:02 PM   #26
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Good luck with that mate!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:55 AM   #27
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Good luck with that mate!
S'all good. Tonsillitis and the flu. Though it's not like any flu i've ever had. Still, i thought it was something serious. I'm such a nanna.

Anyways. Time to get me some much welcomed sleep.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm a wee bit shaky just now. I missed being hit by a huge semi with a flatbed as I got onto the highway (he was going too fast on the onramp and everyone else slowed to a stop while he had to swerve to miss me and barely missed the other cars in the lane he moved to!) then I narrowly (and I am not really sure how) missed being part of the news as a sploch on the highway again a few minutes later!!!

I was in the left lane doing about 70 mph with the nearest car in front of me a good 7+ car lengths ahead and moderate to low traffic in the other two lanes, and the nearest car behind me about 3-4 car lengths back. All of sudden I am conscious of a lot of motion in the middle lane a little bit ahead of me, the car in front of me is swerving off the road and then I see a VAN just moving a few miles an hour suddenly move (with a bounce because it went from the other lane to mine so fast then slowed up) right IN FRONT OF ME!

I know I braked because I was aware of going from 70-50 and thinking "OMG, I'm going to hit/be hit and it'll be on the news as a multicar pileup!". I also swerved a few feet to my left as I was aware of the 'cheese grater' part of the road that they have to warn you your off the lane. I wasn't thinking, just reacting for that part but then suddenly, clear as day, in my head was the thought and a 'picture' that the breakdown lane was a full lane and I swerved the car into it and back out on the other side of that van without a second's thought/hesitation.

Lucky for me and the guy ahead of me in the breakdown lane that I did go back to the road as I missed him and only 20 feet farther down, the breakdown lane became about 4 ft wide with a metal guard rail.

When I looked back in the mirror (doing about 30 mph by then!) I saw that car still in the breakdown lane and the idiot in the van had moved back to the middle lane but everyone around him was shaking fists or moving slowly...

I'm not sure my legs have stopped being wobbly, but I do thank God I'm not on the news this morning...

Called Nacht and talked to him...had to hear his voice. Things this close make you think of what you truly value in life!

Gotta say, though, that I grumble about my Honda Accord being 'huge' compared to my old sentra and all that.. but WOW does it handle ok in an emergency! I was amazed at how cleanly I moved over that 'grater' and around that van without losing control of the car or 'bouncing' sideways or skidding! Whew....I will never complain about my HUGE car again...well, maybe just a little... LOL, like when I can't clear the windows/roof cuz I can't reach 'em... ;D
Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #29
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wow! Glad you made it through safely, Cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img] Nothing like that to keep your adrenalin pumping for a few more hours, is there?

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. It took about a mile to realize what had happened (because my body reacted subconsciously), and five miles down the road, I took the next exit just so I could stand and walk around for a couple of minutes to get my breath back.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, me too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's almost how it was for me this morning (the having to stop and breathe a little down the road). I got to the end of the highway I was on, turned toward work, wondering how it was I made it out of that whole thing without a crash. Then I started feeling shaky all over again as I got into the office, because it was a pretty big adrenaline burst and I'm still not quite sure how I made it out without a scratch on me or the car.

Then, of course, re-telling it to my husband got me a little wound up all over again! LOL It's been a few hours and I think I'm starting to come down from the adrenaline rush about now!

[ 11-18-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]