Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2002, 11:02 PM   #21
Albromor
Mephistopheles

To all those that have listed Thief I, Thief II, and System Shock 2 I say, RIGHT ON!!! Playing Thief 1 at night in the Bonehoard, The Haunted Cathedral, or The Return to the Haunted Cathedral were downright nerve racking. It literally gave me the creeps as well as the proverbial "heart in one's mouth" more than I care to count. Once you play you can never forget the sound of Zombies or Haunts. My brother watched me play one night and he got so freaked out he had to leave! Of course T2 didn't have those atmosphers, but the game has its very intense moments. I always considered Thief as portraying what a thief in an RPG world would be truly like.
As for SS2, I have read many times about the absolute spooky, freaky, heart pounding story line and how people literally have jumped out of their chairs. The atmosphere is almost indescribable It is a crying shame that Looking Glass Studios went under, makers of these outstanding games. If SS2 would have been accepted by the public LG would still be with us. I do know that all major gaming mags, etc. gave it superb marks. Why it didn't take is a major mystery.
I'd say, uss, that Thief 1 and System Shock 2 will definitly give you what you want and MORE. And the good thing is you can pick them up for cheap. Give it a shot.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:32 PM   #22
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

SILENT HILL is the scariest game EVER !!!
Old 05-12-2002, 02:16 AM   #23
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I heartily recommend the Gabriel Knight series to you. Particularly the third installment: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned.
The games follow horror themes mixed with cryptic mystery-solving and the script is often of silver-screen quality. Plus, Tim Curry plays Gabriel Knight (in the first and third games)!!!

The first game is great: Voodoo cults in New Orleans. Not to mention the reawakening of an ancient order of Holy Warriors.

I havn't played the second game to be honest (it's very difficult to get hold of nowadays).

The third game is also a classic. Vampires, Royal Bloodlines, French Villages, Ancient Treasures and the ultimate scandal of the Catholic Church! [img]smile.gif[/img] Get into 'em.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:49 AM   #24
uss
20th Level Warrior

thanks alot, everybody . i think ill try Thief. i heard that Thief 2 is not that scary as the first part. i belive ill also grab Alien Vs Predator 2 because as far as i know, it has a good and creepy atmosphere and those little fast aliens are supposed to freak out the player .

btw, does anybody have stories about how scary a game is? theyre interesting to read [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 05-12-2002, 03:35 AM   #25
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am totaly agree with Albrormor and Ziroc i have played Thief 1 and 2 for years and thise games give some strange feelings when you play them you can`t stop playing..and some places is WERY scary and the sound in this games are so well done that i almost had to change my pants hehe!
And one more things you can allvais downloade new missions to both games here: Thief missions
Then you newer will be out any new missions!
Also System Shock 2 is one of my favorites you are alone on big spaceship and there is only sceary monsters that are after you haha...!
Quote:
Thief III: The Keepers will be out this Summer/Fall, and I can't wait!!!!!
Yea i can`t wait........and one more thing with # 3 is that there is almost the same pouple that make the game to and they will use Unreal engine to make the game!

Regards from me the most nasty Taffer on the net!

[ 05-12-2002, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 05-12-2002, 07:22 AM   #26
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

Thief 2, System Shock 2 and Half Life are some of the best, and the most freaky, games I have played. Top stuff!

The original Quake was also scary- the gothic atmosphere and Trent Reznor's twisted music created one evil game.

Alone in the Dark too.

If you are interested in older games, Darkseed 1 + 2 and a game called Waxworks were quite scary.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:27 AM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Resident Evil 2... I never screamed at a game... only this game... well considering it was surprising and I had no lights... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Silent Hill I have heard has freaky stuffs too.. especially in the sounds so I have heard

Wizardry V on SNes... God that game was just freaky.. it was too... dark? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #28
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No Bahamut.. I dont think you found the games scary... your just afraid of the dark [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] j/k [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2002, 07:55 AM   #29
uss
20th Level Warrior

hmm, Alone in the Dark.. i tried that but its soo old that its graphics make you laugh .
Old 05-12-2002, 08:11 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I have to admit I was Glorfi, but not enough to make me scream... Oh and I play Wizardry V with lights on fyi so it really is freaky coz of its graphics [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmm why I am not afraid of the.. AHHH!!! j/k [img]smile.gif[/img]