Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 02:13 PM   #21
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I do not consider the Staff of Magi to be a physical damage weapon, but a spellcaster enhancer weapon, which was why I left it out above; but yes, it can be used for melee purposes( but really... ...).
Then you should try to use it with a Fighter/Mage.
Yes, the damage is not amazing, but for me, the toughest opponent are buffed opponents, especially the Ascension ones and the Sola Mod ones - and the SotM 'dispel per hit' makes it optimal to fight them.
The +2 AC, +2 ST, Charm immunity and Invisibility are also very convenient, to say the least.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #22
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, that is what spell counters are for. I would prefer to-
~
~
~
~
ToB Item Spoiler
~
~
~
~
- use the Staff of the Ram to beat them around, especially with Greater Whirlwind. Either that or use the cookie-cutter combination of Celestial Fury and Dak'kon's Zerth Blade.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #23
Legolas
Jack Burton

Should anyone have missed it so far, my favourite weapon is the common, unenchanted Composite Longbow. Why? Because I don't believe that any FR campaign should have the amount of magical items the BG series has, because I know even squirrels can slay with the Hammer of Overkill, and because my ranger's really quite a normal chap if you ignore his unusual family tree.
But I call it roleplaying
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #24
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

My favorite is the soul reaver two-handed sword. My evil beserker kicks ass with this weapon.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #25
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Well, that is what spell counters are for.
Sorry Dundee, i know you'll disagree, but spell protections are cr@p, so spell removals are even worse. Just too many ways to ignore them... I will never choose a spell protection or a spell removal with my party sorcerer.

But seriously, if you know how to use it (and i'm sure YOU do), and you are willing to exploit it (and i know I do [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), the SotM is the best weapon in the game (for a fighter/mage), BY FAR. It's just too broken.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #26
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

warby said something about a sword that casts sunray or whatever, where can i get that?
Old 08-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #27
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
There is an Inn/tavern in the city gates. On the first floor is a secret door. Behind that door lies a lich guarding the Daystar.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 03:24 PM   #28
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Flail of the Ages
Old 08-26-2002, 07:02 PM   #29
Zerephel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate that Lich, he's a pain in the ass to kill, The Carsomyr is the two handed sword that dispells on every hit right...?
Old 08-26-2002, 07:56 PM   #30
E`bola
Dungeon Master

BattleAxe Stonfire +3 and battleAxe Frostreaver +3 dual
and Celestial Fury single