Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 03:27 PM   #21
The.Relic
Red Dragon

If I remember correctly, I did a links search like Epona back when BG Dungeon and BG Dungeon Tavern was KOH. Found some great help topics at the IW main site and decided to check out the board. It was "Blue" back then and very simple. BG Dungeon Tavern was a 'mad house' of good imfo mixed with 'mega flaming' and 'major trolling' while IW "Ole Blue" was very helpful and refreshing, a small board back then by comparison, only about 50 of us who posted regularly in those days, but we really bonded. Flaming and trolling was not tolerated. BG Dungeon Tavern went the way of the 'dinosaur' and IW, thanks to our great Webmaster Z-man, mighty Mem and our other great mods and the good people who keep joining up, IW stands the test of BG time where all other sites have failed. . Gosh, getting all sentimental. . *sniffle* . . Quite a few of us have been able to witness IW evolution from the early days. It really is quite a moving experience. *sniff*.. .
Old 04-17-2002, 04:10 PM   #22
gaunty
The Magister

I know your not gunna believe this, but I was at a star trek
convention and I herd a klingon club talking about your host
site.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #23
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i was looking for portraits and sound files for bg 1&2 last year.didn't join till earlier this year.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:13 PM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by gaunty:
I know your not gunna believe this, but I was at a star trek
convention and I herd a klingon club talking about your host
site.
Really? About what? my Star Trek 3D Models? I've been to a few of those CON's.. in Florida. Where was this one?

What were they saying about the site-- that is so cool, to hear about people talking about my site, it's cool to know that so many people have enjoyed what I've done.

It's weird, all these other sites that are gone, and we were up before them even! It's been hard to keep the site going (With all the host problems in the past year) but damn it, I busted ass with the help you guys and we are still here! [img]smile.gif[/img]

In 2004, it will be our 10th year online!! (this is before I owned a domain name too, it was something like www.aisnet.net/~ziroc or something, and all I had was 3D modeling stuff at the time). it doesn't seem like it's been that long, but man... we survived the 'DOT GONE' era too.

And I don't hardly have any ad's running--I'm lucky that I have a friend that runs an ISP, or none of this would have happened.

Old 04-17-2002, 06:46 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i got kinda stuck in soa and went looking for tips and hints
thus i ended up here (great forum by the way)
Old 04-18-2002, 05:14 PM   #26
gaunty
The Magister

the star trek convention was in a hotel in the cleveland, oh
area, around..1997. they wer talking of varios treki sites

are from florida? or are you a trans plant.

you know that a lot of your retirement foks are ohioans.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:12 PM   #27
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

woah! I'm one out of only two ppl that got told about this wonderful place by a friend? Actually... told about is isn't quite the right term. I was chatting with Avatar and Nebling on msn and they kept mentioning this IW place so I just HAD to pop my inquisitive lil' nose in [img]smile.gif[/img]

Extremely glad I did! ~noddz~

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img] You guys are all soooooooooo wonderful!!! [img]graemlins/tgestar4.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar5.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/girlsmile2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img]