Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 05:41 AM   #21
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Arquendil Lorigollo:
Mages are indeed quite powerful spellcasters, but I prefer the long endurance that Clerics have:
1. They can wear any armor and still cast spells
2. They can use a slightly better variety of weapons than mages (use the Flail of Ages!)
3. Spells like Rightous Magic allow the mediocre Cleric to become an immensly strong fighter of the same level + extra HP
4. Evil and undead creatures are GONE in the face of a strong Cleric. Sunray, Finger of Death, Sol's Searing Orb, Bolt of Glory, False Dawn, and even Holy Smite will blow them away easily.
Maybe mages have stronger spells, but Clerics can match them in almost any fight.
yeah... and not to forget.. blade barrier... my favourite melee spell... coz my solo berserker/cleric always use that spell...
Old 10-08-2002, 06:30 AM   #22
daan
Silver Dragon

Cleric/mages are even more fun ...
After Holy Power, Righteous Magic and Holy Might, stoneskin, Mirror Image and Improved haste ... no fighter stands a chance.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:47 AM   #23
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
Mages have no need for armor really, a mage should never be engaged in a melee fight to begin with and as such armor isnt a must. Only the Robe of Vecna is of any great use because of its improved spell casting speed ability and MR bonus.
Quote:
2. They can use a slightly better variety of weapons than mages (use the Flail of Ages!)
Of coarse but there are very good staves around, though the Staff of the Magi is all they need anyway.
Quote:
4. Evil and undead creatures are GONE in the face of a strong Cleric. Sunray, Finger of Death, Sol's Searing Orb, Bolt of Glory, False Dawn, and even Holy Smite will blow them away easily.
Undead or not, it really doesnt matter to a mage, their as good as dead any way

Quote:
Maybe mages have stronger spells, but Clerics can match them in almost any fight.
Personally i like mages more, but its your own personal choice as to which class is best for you.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:26 AM   #24
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This gives me memories of the thread where the merits of Clerics versus Mages were discussed. Five pages later, nobody convinced anybody. [img]tongue.gif[/img] As for my own personal preference... Mages!

Or Sorcerers rather, to be more precise.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 02:31 PM   #25
Calsiumus
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Mages are indeed quite powerful spellcasters, but I prefer the long endurance that Clerics have:
3. Spells like Rightous Magic allow the mediocre Cleric to become an immensly strong fighter of the same level + extra HP
Go Arquendil Lorigollo!!!!!
Calsiumus is offline   Reply With Quote