Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 05:11 PM   #21
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I wonder if she has any options on a book deal yet!? Lets hope CNN doesn't have O.J. on for his opinion!! If he can take the time off from searching for his wifes killer that is!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:13 PM   #22
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by jason0273:
Of course he did it. He's a spoiled rich kid with more money than he knows what to do with and hes not used to being told no, when she did he forced her.
I very much dbout that he was "spoiler rich kid" as you say before he became star.

He did not did it...
Old 07-22-2003, 05:28 PM   #23
jason0273
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Xen what storybook, fairy tale world do you live in? Several people saw her crying outside the hotel room right afterwards, that should say it all. As to him being spoiled, he made millions before he was 19 for doing nothing other than playing a game. He has no concept of money and can't imagine anyone telling him no, afer all he is the almighty "Kobe". But in the words of Dennis Miller, thats just my opinion i could be wrong.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:30 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No, he wasn't a rich kid. He's dad is in the militairy, and was stationed in Europe, where Kobe grew up. as a kid he attended at several footballmatches in Milan. His idol wasn't a baketballplayer, but was Dutch AC Milan striker Marco van Basten. Kobe wanted to become a professional footballplayer too, but found out that he had certain other talents. We all know what those talents are.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #25
jason0273
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you make millions of dollars before you are 18, you are a rich kid.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #26
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobTheDestoyer:
quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
What do I think of Kobe? Hmm, well I think he's an overpaid athlete just like most pro athletes. Alot more people, especially children, are starving or undereducated. They wear ragged clothes and are malnourished. I really don't like watching sports just to pay the atheletes when I can instead be spending my money for those in real need of money. I am not a athlete worshipper. I admire those who are in the service professions, helping those who need help. Athletes?! Bah! As far as Kobe's problems, I don't know if he did rape her, but I really feel sorry for his wife. What the hell was he thinking? Adultery. Cheating on his wife. No I don't feel sorry for him. Maybe this will deflate his pompous ego down to earth.
I don't think you should blame the athlete. If you want to blame someone point the finger at the owners or the agents. They are the ones that deal with the money. Athlete's are just people who have dedicated their lives to something they love, just like someone in a service profession you mentioned. Some people are blessed with a big heart or a super intellect, and some are blessed physically. Should they be denied the opportunity to use their god given talents to make themselves and other people happy? And when it comes to all that money I haven't heard of an athlete who doesn't donate to charity. Look at Dikembe Mutumbo, he's donated 3.5 million dollars of his own money to help build a hospital in Kinshasa, Congo. Things like that happen and they don't get publicized. But if something negative happens it's all over the news, even if it is only an allegation.

I heard that the girl involved with Kobe was on the American Idol show not to long ago and when she didn't win she blew up and had a big breakdown. Another of the girls said she was "unstable". Anyone else hear about this?
[/QUOTE]True about the owners and agents. Sorry, I was just itching for a rant to millionaire athletes. I just don't get it when employers are willing to fork over millions to athletes for just playing sports when ALL that money could be used for something more uplifting, constructive, and productive towards the evolution of humankind. Sports IMO is not it. The USA is a very rich country yet we are also one of the poorest. With all this money, there are still starving, deprived, unemployed, undereducated, etc people in this country. We also are willing to spend billions to wage wars. Come on people. Let's get real and make real advancement towards an peaceful and enlightened world. We need to reset our priorities towards more meaningful goals than competition and wars.

Old 07-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #27
GForce

OoooH! I made Manshoon? Er, what's a manshoon?

Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, with his play, Kobe entertains millions of viewers all over the world in return, so he defenitely deserves what they pay him, no matter how ridiculous high his salary is. A normal life is out of the question now for him, everyone wants something of him. Be it an autograph, a little attention, touching him, or mess him up. He can't go randomly to a supermarket, a restaurant, or get a haircut, people will be lining up, just to look at him. I don't know about the rest of you, but i wouldn't wanna live my life like that, not for all the money in the world.

sure, he makes millions a year, but if he farts, it's headline news the next day. he's owned by the public now. Forget about privacy. Everything you say will be printed out and made public. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:35 AM   #29
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by jason0273:
Of course he did it. He's a spoiled rich kid with more money than he knows what to do with and hes not used to being told no, when she did he forced her.
I really doubt he forced her. Let's pretend she told him no for a second. All he would have had to do to get sex that night was walk downstairs to the lobby, show his face and there probably would have been girls lining up to sleep with him. No girls in the lobby? Go to the nearest nightclub. I was in a Memphis nightclub once and saw Pau Gasol and Stromile Swift(two lesser known b-ball players) hanging out there. Trust me, they have their pick when it comes to hot women. And these basketball players know that they are in the spotlight. Kobe is a smart kid, he's not going to risk raping some girl when he can get it so easily. And as far as being a spoiled rich kid - I assume you did not grow up a spoiled rich kid. You probably have certain values and ethics that are far from it. Upon turning 18 or 19 you win the lottery. Does that turn you into a spoiled rich kid now? I think not. You're still the same person, just with a lot of dough.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:50 AM   #30
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
True about the owners and agents. Sorry, I was just itching for a rant to millionaire athletes. I just don't get it when employers are willing to fork over millions to athletes for just playing sports when ALL that money could be used for something more uplifting, constructive, and productive towards the evolution of humankind. Sports IMO is not it. The USA is a very rich country yet we are also one of the poorest. With all this money, there are still starving, deprived, unemployed, undereducated, etc people in this country. We also are willing to spend billions to wage wars. Come on people. Let's get real and make real advancement towards an peaceful and enlightened world. We need to reset our priorities towards more meaningful goals than competition and wars.
I agree with you there, with all those billions of dollars there should be some way to enlighten our world. But since the beginning of time there have been haves and have-nots. The government does provide welfare for some that continue to abuse it by not working when they could and sucking more tax dollars out of hardworking people. And who's to say if you give a homeless guy 50 bucks for food and new clothes he won't turn around and use it on alcohol. I'm just saying it would be great if that could happen but may not have a chance in hell to work. In the meantime sports and sports icons are a way to keep many kids off the streets and out of trouble. And at higher levels they can get an education by playing ball for a college and go on to make a more meaningful difference in the manner you expressed. But for these kids to have that dream they have to see these ball players on TV and emulate them and that is where profession sports does good things.