Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2001, 11:25 PM   #21
turbovee
Elminster

Good for you!!! Glad I could help you beat that no good SOB! Felt pretty good for me when I stuck it to him. Now you get to enjoy the spoils of war. You get the best armor in the game (Red Dragon Armor)and that funky little sword What's it called? OH YEAH, CORMYSER!! Now you can give that to your favorite guy in the whole game, Anomen. I know because I've heard you speak so fondly of him
Old 01-28-2001, 11:42 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

turbovee, tonight I will finally sleep well knowing I am progressing nicely in the game without that darn dragon on my mind! As for Anomen, he'll probably go around telling everyone that he got Cormyser fighting the dragon by himself naked with only a rusty dagger! psss!
Old 01-28-2001, 11:53 PM   #23
turbovee
Elminster

Or he wooed the dragon with his incredible charm, and brought him down with his incredible prowess in sack. That guy looks like he be happier sleeping with a dirty ass fire lizard than a member of the opposite sex. I wonder if the guy they painted the portrait for Anomen isn't just as full of himself as the character? He looks like a little pretty boy pansy ass!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:28 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Cast Magic Resistance on him... then whack him good!
Old 01-29-2001, 07:06 AM   #25
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is a nice feeling beating Firkraag for the first time. I will try beating him with a new party at level 10 and see if it is possible. A pity you didn't have edwin or nalia with level 8 slots (maybe Imoen later), cause then it would have been soo much easier. magic resistance, pierce magic, breach, abi dalzim, incidery cloud (this one works wonders!) and have all your members do ranged attacks or cast some spells. The cleric can cast bolt of glory, not holy smite (not good if you have evil characters in your party). Firkraag would be dead in a couple of seconds, and you would be unharmed no matter the difficulty level.
Old 01-29-2001, 07:12 AM   #26
Cleric
Welcomed New User

Does energy drain annoy him too?
Old 01-29-2001, 01:22 PM   #27
Ladyzekke

Thanks again all for the help. Still can't believe I finally got him last night.
Bahamut - hey bro!
Turbovee - Try having Anomen as a romance partner, ugg! If I were a cat I'd be hissing at him! And I don't see him as much of a pretty boy, the expression on his portrait makes him look like he has indigestion or something!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:01 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats, Ladyzekke! I've got one party ready to finish off the last section of that dungeon before taking a crack at big Red, myself!

My party is Skald (pc), Keldorn, Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen, Jan.

I have ONE lower magic resistance spell, hmmm, this is gonna be interesting! Or very painful!

spoiler alert----
oh, and loverboy shuts up entirely after you put out and save him from the 'dark path' of killing the merchant-gee we know what HE wanted, don't we?! ( but he hasn't initiated conversation at all -if that's any consolation)
Wish me luck!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:03 PM   #29
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

But it's so fun ruining him, then mock and kill him.
It just felt right.......
Old 01-29-2001, 03:26 PM   #30
Ladyzekke

Cloudbringer - hey good luck! I'll bet you can get him if you use the tactics mentioned on this post as I did. Accord's answers really helped me. Distracting him with fire elementals (Jaheira) and getting him to turn around facing the right makes a huge difference! Also, now that you mention it, loverboy has been pretty quiet lately. GOOD! It seems many people on this board hate Anomen also. We should have a poll - 50 different ways to torture Anomen! Haha!