Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 12:54 AM   #21
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ic: The nurse couldn't help but cover her mouth to hide her smile at the first knight's story and the paladin's reaction. She couldn't believe her luck- now she wouldn't have to look for the other bard herself! Fools, the both of them, she thought scornfully while giving the first man her sugary sweet smile and tittered. "Here, this will probably cure the Paladin's poor sweetheart," she said breathily, handing Joram a vial of liquid that looked very similar to the knock-out medicine that she had been trying to give to the girl. "Everything comes in that colour nowadays," the woman said appologetically, noticing his look. Walking over to Tancred she patted his arm comfortingly and said "You are a very brave man to leave your beloved's side in order to save her from certain death. Make sure to confess to her as soon as possible, it will make her feel better." Nodding affirmatively, the nurse slinked back over to the two men and girl she had previously been attending to. "Now shoo, I have work to do," She said playfully, waving Joram and Tancred out of the Pavilion.
"Your woman and I are both going to end up in the same place before the night is through... Dead! Just mark my words!" the restrained child was able to burst out before Joram and Tancred departed.

ooc- I won't be able to access the internet from Friday to Sunday, just fyi.

[ 02-12-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:49 AM   #22
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Well," Joram said. "That was quick. The adventuring life may be too boring for me after all. Let's hurry back to Skye so we can cure her.

Dart? Are you coming with us?"

He stared at the vial.
Amazing how that nurse knew what cure we needed just by my description. But I'd beter not drop it or we'd have to quest all over again.

Something still felt wrong, but he couldn't place a finger on it. Shrugging, Joram sheathed his sword and took a step in the direction of his pavillion.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:40 PM   #23
Tancred
White Dragon

“Yes… It was certainly… quick…”
The young paladin thought, nodding aimlessly at the bard and the woman - whose prescece he couldn't explain - deep in discussion outside the pavilion.
Something that whole episode just didn’t add up. Tancred suddenly felt very alone and stupid. Karnas would have spotted something he’d miss.
At least his damn twitch had gone away now.
Regardless, he was simply damn glad to be out of there. He felt uncomfortably warm thanks to the blush that had probably spread across his entire face. Thank god for the helmet… the nurse’s face had been so… understanding!
Damn that snide swine in the sword. This was Karnas’ fault! And suddenly everyone was acting as if the wedding invites had already been given out!
Am I angry? Yes, I think I am!
You may as well hire some men to hold up placards, said an internal voice.
The Paladin's poor sweetheart… jeez!
It’s your fault she’s dying. They’re all gunning for you. They’re killing her merely because she knows you. This is not love. This is guilt. Ok, maybe you’re not angry. Just a little embarrassed.
You are a very brave man to leave your beloved's side... does EVERYONE think like this?
His internal voice sighed. Let others make of this what they will. You know why you’re doing this. You know why you’re ACTING like this.
Make sure you confess to her as soon as possible… huh?
Come to think of it, how HAD the nurse known? Unless… and here a sinking feeling opened up in his stomach… Joram had mentioned it in his whisper… Joram! You berk!
You’re a Paladin in the service of godly powers. You don’t do magic rings. You don’t do falling asleep in the forest. You don’t do damsels. All you do is Duty. Tancred’s mental voice gives an embarrassed cough. And jousting, of course. As a hobby. Yes.
You don’t know any more than I do, do you, you fraud?
Um… no. Sorry.
For all his quirks and annoyances, Karnas made a much better voice-in-his-head. But… did that mean… he was right?
With her cure in their hands, there seemed little chance of Skye NOT hearing about this now.
Dead! Just mark my words!
Unconsciously, the unease grew. Tancred shivered. That girl’s cry had shaken him to the marrow. She was either extremely distraught at her uncle so close to death, or -
Something WAS wrong.
Tancred stared at the greenish vial in Joram’s hands.
The nurse had the cure to an incredibly virulent poison to hand. She had seemed quite confident in its’ ability to aid Skye.
So… why the hell was the knight in the hospital so close to death?
Your woman and I are both going to end up in the same place before the night is through... Dead!
His eyes widened at the vial of green liquid… that looked remarkably like the stuff the nurse was trying to force the kid to take –
Oh no.
“BACK!” He yelled. “To the hospital! NOW!”

[ 02-12-2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 02-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #24
Link
Jack Burton

While the others were sprinting back to the hospital, d'Artagnan was frantically trying to regain control over his horse, Humphrey.
"Hooo Humphrey, my black steed! Turn around! We have evil to smite!" But the chubby pony wasn't able to turn around so swiftly, so it took awhile for it to happen. In the meanwhile, both Joram and Tancred had arrived at the tent already, leaving d'Artagnan alone with his pony, trying frantically to make his pony run....

Just before they had left the tent, the bard had casted his special summoning spell, in order to speak to his muze Neveah. But it wasn't for a story, or a song he had summoned her. It was because he had began to love her. He had loved her before he had even met her, loved her when she was appointed to him as his muze, and he had loved her ever since.
"I think I must be honest to you this time, Neveah. I have not summoned you because I need your help for a story. It's... something different..."
Neveah looked kind of surprised at the bard. "Something different? Come one, d'Artagnan, don't stand there and do nothing! Tell me what's up."
Shyly shuffling with his feet d'Artagnan looked at Neveah slowly, before starting to talk.
"You see, Neveah, I.. I.."
"Yes?"
"Well, I just wanted to say that I.. I.. "
Grasping the little bit of courage that was left in him, d'Artagnan took a deep breath.
"I love you Neveah."
As if struck by lightning the muze froze. She was silent for a few moments, and then she slowly turned around, facing the warm sunlight. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, and then she started to talk.
"I don't know what to say, d'Artagnan. You know the rules. You also know that I am a lesser deity. My father is the god of Music, of Poetry. A relationship between us cannot be.. even if I want it just like you do."
The bard sighed deeply, and sat down in the grass. He had known that his muze would say these words, but deep inside he had hoped for something different. It wasn't meant to be, he though bitterly.
"But why, Neveah? Why are you, the most beautiful being I have ever encountered, something that is unreachable for me? You, who have travelled the plains, have seen more of life, of time, of everything more than anyone or anything non-godly, should know better than this!"
"And I do, d'Artagnan. That's why I said those words. I've seen more than you will ever know. And our love cannot be..."
Astonished, the bard looked up at Neveah. "O-our.. love?"
The muze smiled. "There is no such thing as fate, d'Artagnan. There is only destiny. We were meant to meet each other, meant to love each other. This torment was meant to be, why and how I do not know. Ao the Overfather wove the strands of fate before even I saw light of the sun. Our entangling lives were destined to be, how cruel it may seem to you."
"But.. but is there no other way then? Must we be tormented every time we see each other?"
"We can love each other, d'Artagnan. We can cherish the moments we have together, but we can never share those moments with any other person."
Neveah sighed, and her eyes showed the tears.
"Keep that in mind, my beloved bard, and you will learn to live with it."
Tears were coming up in the eyes of d'Artagnan as well. Biting his teeth he forced them back.
"Just remember, d'Artagnan, that the tears I shed, resemble the love I have for you. You cannot see them, only when you look deeply you will see that there are always tears in me."
With these words, Neveah went away, but not before one of her tears fell on the ground, crystalizing instantly.
"I will remember your words, Neveah. And I will cherish them." d'Artagnan got up, and slowly picked up the crystalized tear of Neveah, putting it somewhere safe in his pocket.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:34 AM   #25
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Tancred!" Joram felt out of breath as he tried to keep up with the paladin. Armour could improve a lot of things, like one's looks and safety, but mobility wasn't one of them. "Are you going to tell me.. why we're... running back now?"

Suddenly the knight saw another figure step out of the maze of pavillions, and he stopped to let it pass. Unfortunately armour doesn't go from full speed to 0 in under six feet, and both went down with an aweful lot of noise.
In trying to untangle himself, Joram got a good look at the man he had just crashed in to. Dark hair, in a ponytail, hazel eyes, a small nose and smooth jawline. Wearing rather rich clothes with a design too complex to figure out in the twilight. There was a sound of someone doing the dishes in haste.
The knight was about to apologise when he realised the sound was Tancred, fading in the distance. He shrugged, picked himself up and ran on to the hospital tent. Tancred was nearly there already, but there was no sign of Dart. Joram was too winded to really notice.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:22 AM   #26
Legolas
Jack Burton

Tancred was still waiting when he arrived. Joram wondered if the paladin had been impatiently waiting for him, or was merely involved in some serious praying. The ancient helm made it difficult to see.

"Now then...," he began as soon as he had some breath back. "Why did we hurry back? Unwilling to go back to that sword of yours just yet? Heh."

EDIT: I'll do something more with that later.
Now why does this feel like talking to Mrs. Cook?

[ 03-12-2003, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 03-10-2003, 09:51 PM   #27
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Light Bulb

BUMP- think we're waiting for a reply from tancred...

EDIT- That's okay Tancred, no rush [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:47 PM   #28
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: What can I say? It's write-essays-to-impress-Universities-time at the moment. *shame* Not a big one - more as I get back into the groove, I hope.

IC:

"Of course," Karnas carries on, "Life isn't exactly a bed of roses when you're on the move all the time. But, hey! That's adventuring. It's a lot more interesting than being stuck in an altar for 300 years, let me tell yo - oooowow, got a twinge there. Something's not right, and it's either her or it's him..."

Tancred slowly turns to Joram. Only in profile does the somewhat worryng shape of a crossbow bolt protuding from the paladin' shoulder become obvious. Tancred sounds muffled behind his helm.
"They shot me," he says, with wounded feelings. "They shot me! And ran! How... how UNFAIR is that?"
And with such a pronouncement, the young paladin collapses in a heap, his helm rolling away to reveal a somewhat pale face and a slightly hysteric grin.
"Never been SHOT before..."

[ 04-05-2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 04-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #29
Tancred
White Dragon

"They fooled us, Joram! Oh, they saw us coming a mile away!" Tancred giggles slightly. "Look, look, my friend! Look what they left us to find!"
The shocked Paladin gestures to the open tentflap.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:25 AM   #30
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Yes, yes," Joram said, hands hoovering in the air above Tancred as the knight was unable to decide whether he should remain standing or help his injured friend up.

"Are you quite allright? There seems to be..."
He looked in the direction Tancred's plated arm was pointing.

"Good grief! This simply does not make any sense! Do you know what you have just found, Tancred? Why would any secretive foe leave us a hospital tent?
And look, there's a baby inside. She's got your eyes..."

He stepped into the tent and lifted the toddler, which started crying immediately.
"I think... yes, well done. There's a note attached, see?"