Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 08:07 AM   #21
Legolas
Jack Burton

Bardan and Stratos are right, you're one courageous little penguin [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am glad cous convinced you to post it. Not only do you feel better having said something you wanted to share for a long time already, but I can also assure you this one post of yours made everyone's day so much brighter [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Very well done Andrew. Wish there were something we could do in return
Old 03-14-2003, 08:23 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Mate, we're here for you. And as for what you're going through, it's something pretty much most of us went through at some point in varying degrees of adolescence - the feeling of wanting to belong, to be part of something, the feelings of insecurity. Some of us went through it worse than others, others better than others, but we all went through it at some point. For example, I went through high school here in Australia as an American whose nickname became "Septic" (eg Yank = Septic Tank according to twisted Ozzies' sense of humour ). Initially it bugged me, but I soon got over it - kicked all their Oz asses in basketball anyway, even though they kicked my ass in rugby.

It will pass, believe me - just try to keep on maintaining a positive attitude. Kids can be cruel sometimes - more cruel than adults, because they don't have a sense of responsibility for what they do. It's the responsible kids like you that suffer, unfortunately. Believe it or not, these years will strengthen your character, because when you get older you'll be able to deal with morons and not let anything they say bug you. If I can use a swear word, if they don't like you, fuk em - it's their loss.

As you get older and get into high school it will get better, and once you get into college it will get better again. Try and picture where you'll be in 10 years and where everyone else will be in 10 years - you will be better than all of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck, mate - you're a good guy, with a strong soul, and I mean that.

[ 03-14-2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #23
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Yup. Anytime they annoy you, tell yourself that you don't car, and wack em if you have to.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 03-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
Yup. Anytime they annoy you, tell yourself that you don't car, and wack em if you have to.
*coughs* Violence probably isn't the best way to solve things, unless it's in self defence... [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:47 AM   #25
Niadh
Elminster

I find alot of people at my school are annoying. I ignore them seeing as I know the real way they are. When someone mentioned they are probably insecure- they are right. One of the people who is annoying I know his dad lost his driving liscense due to repeat drink drive offenses, he told everyone his dad got rid of the car to buy Digital. One was always trying to get one my nerves- but I knew he had home problems. The lsit can go on.

When they annoy you think that they must have something wrong at home. Everyone might say "It is easy to ignore the insults" but that is BS, I know. I have been bullied several times in life, but my friends have always helped out.

Even online friends can help, a small "I care for you" can help you pick up and get on with life. Some people I would call friends I haven't met, having seen them only online. And most of them seem to be caring individuals who give a damn for others.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 03-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gotta agree with Memsie on that one. Violence usually just gets returned in kind. Not the best approach if it can be avoided.

On the other hand...I do tend to go 'whack' things in BG2 or IWD or NWN when I'm feeling angry or frustrated by things.... LOL so maybe 'virtual' violence to Trolls and Ice giants is ok? LOLOLOL
Old 03-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Gotta agree with Memsie on that one. Violence usually just gets returned in kind. Not the best approach if it can be avoided.
*smacks Cludy on the back of the head* Of course it's right - I said it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*smacks Cludy on the back of the head* Of course it's right - I said it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE][img]tongue.gif[/img] Just for that, I'm not telling you what's crawlin...er in your locker in the mod room. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 09:16 AM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Two Mods, spamming a thread? I am shocked, shocked, I say! SomeGuy, Memnoch is right. I didn't get bullied much in school, because I was bigger than most kids, but I suffered from morons, just like everybody. One, I recall, told me that he wished I was on the other side of a debate, because he couldn't stand to be on the same side as me. I ignored him, which is always best, and graduated. Want to know the next time I saw that guy? He was my wife's tennis pro at the country club I belonged to, so he had to kiss my a** every time I saw him, and I made sure it was often. True story, I swear.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:20 AM   #30
Legolas
Jack Burton

Light Bulb

What's this Attalus? Bullying a grown man just because you're bigger? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Okay so I'll just rush towards the nearest exit now