Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 08:14 AM   #21
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Awww I regret missing the Cesars ceremony - but I had just bought the DVD of the tremendous BBC documentaries "Walking with beasts" and I just couldn't wait to watch it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The end of the 'making of' of the episode about Australopithecus is a real blast - three Australopithecus walking away singing 'Always look at the bright side of life' ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Moiraine, If you still haven't seen this film, try to , IMO it's well worth it.
And if you like Dinosaurs loook no further than Charlton Heston. Wonderful to see him struggle without a prepared speech.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:17 AM   #22
MagiK

Lanesera, I do not suppose that you would fare any better than Charlton did if cornered...you do realize he has alzheimers right? I suppose it is easy to make fun of people who have fatal brain diseases when you are healthy. Hopefully you yourself will never know that particular horror.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:29 AM   #23
Masklinn

Then he should step down and stop talking for the NRA and absolutely not accepting any interviews.

And how convenient it is that his disease prevents him to answer THAT particular question.

Be serious please.

[ 02-24-2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Masklinn ]
Old 02-24-2003, 08:36 AM   #24
MagiK

Masklin, give me the date of his last public speach for the NRA, Im talking a function he volunteerd for here, not some place where he was jumped by some assinine reporter.

And may I ask, what business is it of yours who the NRA has in place? Your country has already banned handguns, last time I checked, you all still had a murder problem over there.

Please, do not stoop to the level of harassing a person with diminished mental capacity, and please do not preach to the U.S. wether we should or should not allow handguns, it really is none of your business. If you do not live here, it really isn't.

Not trying to be mean or nasty, just trying to state my point clearly and concisely, I hope you (and others) understand.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:43 AM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Then he should step down and stop talking for the NRA and absolutely not accepting any interviews.

And how convenient it is that his disease prevents him to answer THAT particular question.

Be serious please.
Masklinn, I'm surprised at you! From all I've seen so far, you seem very balanced and willing to look at the whole situation not just a single part of it. But I think you missed a possibility here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have no real feeling one way or the other on who says what for the gun lobby- I don't carry one and don't automatically believe what anyone's spokesperson says just because they are famous or attractive or speak well etc.

As for the Heston situation, had it occured to you, that the man is ill and having been their spokesperson all this time, as well as a man with a decent amount of self confidence and pride all along, that maybe, just maybe the people in the advertising/public relations part of the NRA's organization might be doing the generous thing and allowing Heston to finish out his 'spokesperson' role as long as he wants to? That maybe they feel pity or compassion for the man now that he's got a mentally debilitating disease? Sure, he's famous and all, but let's face it, but I believe the overwhelming feeling most people have now is pity for the guy with a sense of "I'm so glad I don't have alzheimers like he does" thrown in.

I honestly don't know for sure, but I'm betting they are letting him have this little bit of dignity as he declines. Taking the position from him now would be a slap in the face to a dying man. Hardly the image ANY of us wants.

[ 02-24-2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-24-2003, 08:49 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

MagiK, let's not get into a gun debate here, ok?
Old 02-24-2003, 08:55 AM   #27
Masklinn

Quote:
Your country has already banned handguns, last time I checked, you all still had a murder problem over there.
Lame.
Your country hasn't banned handguns, last time I checked, you all still had a way bigger murder problem.
Human kind will always have a murder problem.

Quote:
Please, do not stoop to the level of harassing a person with diminished mental capacity, and please do not preach to the U.S. wether we should or should not allow handguns, it really is none of your business. If you do not live here, it really isn't.
I'm not living in the USA so I can't voice my opinion ? How sick is that. As a human being it is my business, and as long as I will live I WILL preach that kind of things.

BUT this is not even the point !

Where in this particular thread did I say that the U.S. "should or should not allow handguns" ? Please tell me where ! You're obviously trying to de-rail that thread.

Quote:
Not trying to be mean or nasty
Yeah right, me neither.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:58 AM   #28
MagiK

Your right Cloudy sorry. Ill reply to Masklin in a PM.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:59 AM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Maklinn, let's take the handgun debate elsewhere, ok? I realize MagiK is the one that brought it up, but you don't have to take the option to post on it.

Whenever or wherever you both decide to continue this, if you do, please keep it civil!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:59 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Your right Cloudy sorry. Ill reply to Masklin in a PM.
Thank you.