Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 09:20 PM   #21
Moni

Bilqis,
A long over-due Thank You goes out to you!
If Saz had not bumped his own thread today, I would have missed your reply to mine!
So sorry!
Hugs!
Moni

DOH! I just read I had posted a thank you to you already in the above post! Well that makes this a double thank you!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old 06-12-2001, 09:29 PM   #22
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Does everyone here on this board have some deep, soulsearching, faithconfirming, joyspreading, long story except for me?
Old 06-12-2001, 09:32 PM   #23
Moni

Not everyone needs one.

You must be fine!

Moni

Old 06-12-2001, 09:55 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping up for Moni...DEFINITELY worth reading for those who haven't seen it before!

We have many a brave soul here, no?

Oh, DUUHHHHHH it was already BUMPED!!! LOL...

no wonder I couldn't find it among the "May" posts!

"S"

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 10:19 PM   #25
Moni

Oops! Sorry Saz!

I said I was j/k in your thread!

Thanks though!

Hugs!
Moni

------------------

Old 06-12-2001, 10:30 PM   #26
BladeMaster

Moni that is the most Heart wrenching story I have every read. I never realized this had happened to you. The story quite literally had me crying when I read it. Thank you for sharing this with us.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #27
Charean
Hathor

Wasn't here a whole lot in May, apparently... missed all the good stuff. A truly inspiring and courageous story Moni!!

You must have a strong will to survive and amazing fortitude. You must have incredible strength now after surviving, nah, triumphing over that challenge. I salute you! And hope to meet you at the Blues Festival. You sound like someone I would really enjoy meeting!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Renunciate in Training
Trucker Punkin Fluffy
Old 06-12-2001, 10:36 PM   #28
Moni

BladeMaster,
I am so sorry it made you cry!

Rex and I were talking about this just today about how I could be riddled with scars or even cripple. I am neither (well if you look at my ribcage you can see that it is shorter on one side) and I am grateful to have survived it this way and to be able to share it with other people.

I learned a lot while recovering, not just about living my life in a way that I thought it would do me and the rest of the world some good but also about self healing...the physical as well as the emotional.

I came out of it a better person. A MUCH better person.

Hugs, My Friend,
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-13-2001).]

Old 06-12-2001, 10:42 PM   #29
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Wasn't here a whole lot in May, apparently... missed all the good stuff. A truly inspiring and courageous story Moni!!

You must have a strong will to survive and amazing fortitude. You must have incredible strength now after surviving, nah, triumphing over that challenge. I salute you! And hope to meet you at the Blues Festival. You sound like someone I would really enjoy meeting!!
Thank you Charean,
Yes my will to survive seems to be strong but at times I have felt like I am not allowed to die until I do something (what it is, I have yet to figure out completely lol)...my BP is regularly 80 over 60...something that you see in people on life support however, I am never sitting still, always on the go and always thinking...I think there are a couple of times this body should have keeled over but until I am let to stop, I'll keep living and as happily as I can.

I think it will be totally awesome if you can make the blues festival! You are someone I would like to meet in person myself!

Punkin Hugs (LOL)
Moni

------------------

Old 06-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #30
BladeMaster

I am glad you shared this with us, Moni. You are a much stronger person than I would have been under the same circumstances.

Hugs, Your friend
John

PS. Yes my real name is John.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet