Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2002, 03:36 PM   #21
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I once found a Time Stop In Irenicus' Dungeon.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:48 PM   #22
Alson
Galvatron

Timestop?!

I never heard of a level 9 scroll as a random loot before...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 03:49 PM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
I once found a Time Stop In Irenicus' Dungeon.
Well, that would be amazing. I never managed to get any level 9 spell scrolls at all. The highest I got are the level 8 ones.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #24
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Dundee, there is also atleast one Cursed Scroll of Weakness, from the mephit portal room ...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:09 PM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Dundee, there is also atleast one Cursed Scroll of Weakness, from the mephit portal room ...
There is also a Cursed Scroll of Foolishness, but Baldurdash fixes the bug where you can use them on enemies, so what is the point of having them? I also left out the books, because only the truly insane will want to take them instead of the other stuff( you can get the books outside anyway).
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:42 PM   #26
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It sounds like a worthy MOD, but I usually do pretty much the same thing by doing the following:

1) Beat the Dungeon legitimately, collecting all NPCs and loot
2) Right BEFORE leaving, have your PC drop everything he's carrying, and then Save the game
3) Copy the file to the Multiplayer folder
4) Resume your game.

Then, on all subsequent games, you need only:
1) Load the Multiplayer game
2) Delete the original PC and roll a new one
3) Start the game, say hi to the NPCs, pick up the dropped gear, and Save
4) Copy the Multiplayer file to the Single Player folder
5) Load the Single Player game.
6) Walk through the door and Level Up.

Bing! Saves you two hours of boredom, at the cost of the experience your PC would have gained (which you can just hack back, if you feel like it), and the chance to find new random scrolls with each game.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:43 PM   #27
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

This is an absolutely brilliant mod; however, I did notice a couple of things. The Protection from Electricity scroll that you are given is the 5th level mage spell, while the one you would get if you actually went through the dungeon is the green general use scroll. In addition, I got the +1 dagger in the armory before talking to Jasper St. Baird and was then given another by him, so I assume it would be possible to almost complete the dungeon and then go back and talk to him for double items/experience. Finally, if you import a character with the Golden Pantaloons then will that character end up with them?

ADD: I forgot to mention that my computer crashed upon installing the mod, although upon restarting the DBG seemed to work fine. Did this happen to anyone else?

[ 10-06-2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]
Old 10-06-2002, 08:31 PM   #28
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
There is also a Cursed Scroll of Foolishness, but Baldurdash fixes the bug where you can use them on enemies, so what is the point of having them? I also left out the books, because only the truly insane will want to take them instead of the other stuff( you can get the books outside anyway).
90 GP per Scroll
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:24 AM   #29
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma Malevois:
This is an absolutely brilliant mod; however, I did notice a couple of things. The Protection from Electricity scroll that you are given is the 5th level mage spell, while the one you would get if you actually went through the dungeon is the green general use scroll.
Ah. Blue probably just clicked the wrong one when building the Jasper character.

Quote:
In addition, I got the +1 dagger in the armory before talking to Jasper St. Baird and was then given another by him, so I assume it would be possible to almost
complete the dungeon and then go back and talk to him for double items/experience.
Entirely. The mod is a cheat for the sake of convenience. The "honest" way to play it is to go get the key off the table, free Jaheira, free Minsc, and then talk to Jasper. But if you want to abuse it, you can. We are not the police. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Finally, if you import a character with the Golden Pantaloons then will that character end up with them?
Yes, this doesn't touch your starting inventory at all.

Quote:
ADD: I forgot to mention that my computer crashed upon installing the mod, although upon restarting the DBG seemed to work fine. Did this happen to anyone else?
At what point did it crash? During the installer sequence, after you started the game...? There are reports that some rather slow computers crash sometimes if they have to do the dimension door anim while other things are going on.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:11 AM   #30
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
quote:

Finally, if you import a character with the Golden Pantaloons then will that character end up with them?
Yes, this doesn't touch your starting inventory at all.[/QUOTE]OK, I just did a little testing here. I started a character in multiplayer who had the Golden Pantaloons and the Claw of Kazgaroth in his inventory. If I went through Chateau Irenicus without using the DBG mod then I would have found the Pantaloons in the armory room behind the picture with the +1 dagger. The Claw would have been in the bedroom before the dryads in place of the Helm of Balduran. There would be no Mail of the Dead, as I have never seen this appear in multiplayer games.

When I tried the DBG mod, I received neither the Pantaloons nor the Claw, although the Helm and the Mail were there. Of course one can always employ the old "drop stuff in my cage before the game begins" trick as a workaround; perhaps you or Blue might note this in the Readme?

Quote:
quote:

At what point did it crash? During the installer sequence, after you started the game...? There are reports that some rather slow computers crash sometimes if they have to do the dimension door anim while other things are going on.[/QB][/QUOTE]The crash occurred at the end of the installer sequence; unfortunately, I did not make note of the error message. One possibility that comes to mind is that I seem to recall that my Zip utility doesn't support zip files imbedded within each other, and I note that "oggdecsrc" is a zipped file. In fact, it remains compressed after installation - should this be?