Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #21
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well don't get me wrong here, im not Anti-Clinton exactly but that mans done so much screwed up stuff in his office i'm not suprised atall by this! Infact if he had every one of hue hefner's playmates spend the night with him for a week while he sat around in his oval-office pajamas i would NOT be suprised!
Old 03-09-2002, 10:52 AM   #22
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Well don't get me wrong here, im not Anti-Clinton exactly but that mans done so much screwed up stuff in his office i'm not suprised atall by this! Infact if he had every one of hue hefner's playmates spend the night with him for a week while he sat around in his oval-office pajamas i would NOT be suprised!

I don't think I'm getting you wrong at all when I surmise that if Clinton said, "Good morning," you'd claim he'd just tried to assassinate you after sleeping with ten ladies-of-the-night, and that it was the middle of the afternoon, so he was lying. You're not anti-Clinton exactly, just as you said; but in that case, can you name several things that the man did in office that you really think were great?

There have always been people (not you) who resented the fact that Clinton proved a better overall fiscal manager of the presidency than anyone in recent memory--he stole the Conservative wing of the Republican Party's thunder on this, and they never forgave him.

And for the record, I do think he deserved impeachment, so don't typecast me as a "Clinton supporter." I just think that he pursued a remarkably efficient and effective career promoting the American economy in every way, often to the detriment of equally important matters. His personal restraint was abominable, his sense of the dignity of office was sporadic, his speechmaking was dull and repetitive (but he did use his own, at least). I fault him for hiring far too many people who hated him, and for following through on the foreign policies of previous administrations without attempting to rethink their approaches and discover his own. He was an astonishly quick learner, but superficial. But as a fiscal administrator, I think he was without equal in the Oval Office--Enron was a mistake, but Lay was one of literally hundreds of executives who regularly accompanied Clinton on his so-called "ecomonic junkets" to sell American trade and goods overseas. He was a firstclass merchant administrator, IMO. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

Old 03-11-2002, 01:43 PM   #23
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

I don't think I'm getting you wrong at all when I surmise that if Clinton said, "Good morning," you'd claim he'd just tried to assassinate you after sleeping with ten ladies-of-the-night, and that it was the middle of the afternoon, so he was lying. You're not anti-Clinton exactly, just as you said; but in that case, can you name several things that the man did in office that you really think were great?

There have always been people (not you) who resented the fact that Clinton proved a better overall fiscal manager of the presidency than anyone in recent memory--he stole the Conservative wing of the Republican Party's thunder on this, and they never forgave him.

And for the record, I do think he deserved impeachment, so don't typecast me as a "Clinton supporter." I just think that he pursued a remarkably efficient and effective career promoting the American economy in every way, often to the detriment of equally important matters. His personal restraint was abominable, his sense of the dignity of office was sporadic, his speechmaking was dull and repetitive (but he did use his own, at least). I fault him for hiring far too many people who hated him, and for following through on the foreign policies of previous administrations without attempting to rethink their approaches and discover his own. He was an astonishly quick learner, but superficial. But as a fiscal administrator, I think he was without equal in the Oval Office--Enron was a mistake, but Lay was one of literally hundreds of executives who regularly accompanied Clinton on his so-called "ecomonic junkets" to sell American trade and goods overseas. He was a firstclass merchant administrator, IMO. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

Well he did find the only respectable use for tobacco products that I can think of [img]smile.gif[/img] ok ok that was sick...but Im stuck trying to find something he did that I actually agreed with...........Im sur ethere was something, I just can't think of it at this moment...OH WAIT!!!...I like the way he protected Chelsy (sorry if I spelled that wrong) from the media..I think the press should leave the kids alone and deal with the man...and maybe his wife if she wants to be a public figure....but HANDS OFF THE KIDS!