Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 10:18 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
i was always a fan of a band by the name of Morbid Angel. they were awesome.
I still have their "Blessed Are The Sick" cd.
That's death metal though, not black metal.
Another band of which I liked the music though the leader had some pretty dodgy ideas. Thank goodness that David Vincent left, Trey is the real reason I listened to that band anyway: he's a great guitarist.
Saw MA live a few times, quite OK. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Johnny - no, not really like Marilyn Manson - at least he admits that he's just putting up a freak show
Old 08-03-2002, 11:02 AM   #22
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

MEL!!!! Samael RULE!!!! one of my favourites too! [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2002, 11:04 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
MEL!!!! Samael RULE!!!! one of my favourites too! [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]
Ooooh, you like Samael??? That's great! One of the few bands I actually still listen to on occasion - they've a quite original sound.
I've seen them live twice, great band! So cool you know them!
I even have two shirts of that band from ages back, I think they are still at my mother's place. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2002, 11:12 AM   #24
Lord Shield

hmmm - foud a few Samael songs on Kazaa - which would you recommend? (btw, Mel, you have mail)

[ 08-03-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 08-03-2002, 11:59 AM   #25
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I'm probarbly totally off here, but Danzig wouldn't be Black Metal?
If that's the case, then that's the only black metal band I listen to
Old 08-03-2002, 04:57 PM   #26
Dramnek_Ulk

I listen to Lord Belial & Bathory
Do they Count?

Old 08-03-2002, 08:10 PM   #27
Tormentor
Manshoon

Dramnek_Ulk ... hmmm ive heard lord belial, another swedish band, i own one album, nothing great in my opinion.... dark funeral is better then (i own lord belial's - angelgrinder...)

and melusine, why did you stop listening to black metal, and what's wrong with the spelling in my sig?... anyway, never thought this topic would be such a Emperor discussion, and btw, how could i forget Emperor in my topic?... they sure deserve a note.... although they don't exsist anymore ....

their last album is surely a great piece......

hail black metal! as they say....
Old 08-04-2002, 05:51 AM   #28
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
and melusine, why did you stop listening to black metal, and what's wrong with the spelling in my sig?... anyway, never thought this topic would be such a Emperor discussion, and btw, how could i forget Emperor in my topic?... they sure deserve a note.... although they don't exsist anymore ....
people's tastes in music change, simple as that

as for your sig, it's "religious", not "relegeous" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2002, 06:09 AM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
people's tastes in music change, simple as that

as for your sig, it's "religious", not "relegeous" [img]smile.gif[/img]
And it's beliefs, not believes.
Let's not go into correct usage of so-called medieval English because it'd be a lifetime job

Dramnek, I'd say those "count", yeah. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for why I don't listen to it much any more, well, on occasion I still do. Just listening to it every day would probably drive me mad (with boredom, most likely). I grew tired of the whole ting for a bit, the whole scene surrounding the music. I have listened to different genres all along (though mostly either metal or atmospheric or gothic-like genres) and now I happen not to listen to black metal a whole lot anymore. These days about 70% of the music I listen to is classical, 15% is indie/gothic/rock (The Mission, Goldfrapp, The Breath Of Life, Muse, The Tea Party, Switchblade Symphony, London After Midnight...) and 15% is dark wave/ambient etc (Raison D'être, Arcana, Sanctum, Ildfrost, Pazuzu, Brighter Death Now, Wongraven...). Oh hang on, fit in a few percents of stuff like Angizia, Lacuna Coil and Nightwish in there as well!

It's not that I don't still appreciate the genius of a select few black metal albums (I still really like Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse, Enslaved - Frost, Burzum - Burzum/Aske, Cradle Of Filth - Vempire, Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst, Darkthrone, Marduk, Samael, Satyricon's Shadowthrone, Dark Funeral's first) but I just don't feel the need to listen to much of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #30
lethoso
Manshoon

well... i listen to a bit of black metal - dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, children of bodom.....

might try some of the other bands mentioned tho.....