Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 10:25 PM   #21
BladeMaster

Glad you are ok Saz.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-14-2001, 10:34 PM   #22
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Glad you are ok Saz. Those storms are pretty scary.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 10:54 PM   #23
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Scary? You want scary weather?

Rudedawg, Saz, Moni and anyone else that lives in Texas/USA may know of the HUGE Jarrel,TX tornado,,,a F5, a MILE wide, no kiddin'. I lived 5 miles from it could see clear as day from my back porch, I was scared out of my wits. Happened about 4 years ago, I still shake when i think of it.

And about a month ago the sky was green north east of my house, it was windy as all get it, I saw storm chasers park not a mile from my house to see the tornado. Well it never touched but it was scary as all get it out. Came real close to touch.

Now that was scary weather. But it happens often here in texas.

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 11:05 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you, Fljotsdale, for being so kind to take the time to do that! The place mentioned named "Krum" is where one of those twisters set down. Apparently it dissapated pretty quickly.

Now I'm really curious (now that I'm no longer scared). Based on what Melusine and Staralfur said, does Europe not get tornados? This part of the world is INFESTED with them, especially around this time of year. Tornados are one of the most terrifying things I can think of...mainly because they seem to have a mind of their own.

My worst nightmares are being destroyed by a tornado. I'll see the black funnel on the horizon, and I'll start to run, but it's faster than I, and wherever I turn, it turns, tracking me, inexorably, to destroy me in the end. It never happens, of course, and I wake up screaming before it finishes.

I've always wondered if tornados really are a form of Air Elementals... They certainly seem to have the sentience for it.

Old 06-14-2001, 11:50 PM   #25
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Thank you, Fljotsdale, for being so kind to take the time to do that! The place mentioned named "Krum" is where one of those twisters set down. Apparently it dissapated pretty quickly.

Now I'm really curious (now that I'm no longer scared). Based on what Melusine and Staralfur said, does Europe not get tornados? This part of the world is INFESTED with them, especially around this time of year. Tornados are one of the most terrifying things I can think of...mainly because they seem to have a mind of their own.

My worst nightmares are being destroyed by a tornado. I'll see the black funnel on the horizon, and I'll start to run, but it's faster than I, and wherever I turn, it turns, tracking me, inexorably, to destroy me in the end. It never happens, of course, and I wake up screaming before it finishes.

I've always wondered if tornados really are a form of Air Elementals... They certainly seem to have the sentience for it.

LOL,hmm never thought of it that way. Tornados are scary though,speicly when the sky is green, and black, and blue and grey,and and its raining and and....

I always look at it and see Satans Finger Nail, but mabye i am just a freak

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer
Old 06-15-2001, 12:20 AM   #26
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Saz
Glad to see you're ok, thank God!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-15-2001, 12:41 AM   #27
Moni

Welcome Back Sazerac!
I am glad you are safe! I was pretty scared for you, having grown up in an area that saw tornados go through every spring (we lived in a valley and were always safe but surrounding communities i.e. Akron, OH have seen devastation) I know what terrors they can be!

Signing off myself now as I hear thunder and see lightning flashing out my window. No serious storms predicted here, just your basic survivable thunderstorms but I wouldn't want me or this PC to get zapped!

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams & I Love You!

Monique

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 06:08 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Glad everything is okay Saz.

I've never seen a tornado but we did have a hurricane in the 'Great Storm' of 1987. 18 people killed and 15 million trees uprooted. The town of Sevenoaks in Kent lost six of of it's centuries old oak trees and became known as oneoaks.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-15-2001, 06:47 AM   #29
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well Im glad ya are ok Saz but you havent experienced the real bad weather yet. What you say can be worse than tornadoes?
Well its simple
WHEN ITS RAINING DOUGH BOYS!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."

[This message has been edited by AzureWolf (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AzureWolf (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 07:14 AM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well we do have bad storms occasionally (that will uproot trees, ruin houses and perhaps kill an occasional person who gets hit by rooftiles flying around), and the big thing in Holland is of course that we can be flooded by the sea or other waters (there was a major flood in 1953 that took many lives and destroyed many houses). But real tornados such as the ones you have where you live... no. Nothing like it here. *phew!*
Glad to see you're OK Saz!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-15-2001).]