Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2003, 02:27 AM   #21
Lil Lil

ladyzekke,
That's a real bummer about the problems you are having! Definitely go back to the dentist that did the original work! If he can't reattach it with porcelain or bonding and you have to make the choice, go for the bridge...implants are for the insane LOL!

Best of luck and I hope to hear that it gets all fixed without trauma to you or your pocketbook!

hugs

Old 05-23-2003, 08:59 AM   #22
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by Nevaeh:
Thanks Kaltia showed me here.
Don't worry, I won't hold it against you [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*Maims Sigmar* I felt so much better after that. I had to have four teeth taken out, and the wally who did it snapped one of them in the process.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:17 PM   #23
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by Nevaeh:
Thanks Kaltia showed me here.
Don't worry, I won't hold it against you [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*Maims Sigmar* I felt so much better after that. I had to have four teeth taken out, and the wally who did it snapped one of them in the process. [/QUOTE]Ouch! Where was it broken, Kalty?
Old 05-23-2003, 07:13 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil Lil:
ladyzekke,
That's a real bummer about the problems you are having! Definitely go back to the dentist that did the original work! If he can't reattach it with porcelain or bonding and you have to make the choice, go for the bridge...implants are for the insane LOL!

Best of luck and I hope to hear that it gets all fixed without trauma to you or your pocketbook!

hugs
Thanks Moni! Oh and I read your post re your experiences, eyes popping out of my head. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Man I don't think I've ever heard much worse than that, I can't say I blame you one bit for deciding to just go for dentures. I can't imagine the pain you went through so many times, ukinHell! Sure makes me feel better about my current situation, as at least I'm not hurting at all, just mostly humiliated LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes, after hearing feedback I have decided if it turns out I have no choice, even if the original dentist who did the work says it's an Implant or Bridge, I think I'm going to choose the bridge LOL. My boss at work today was telling me about someone he knew who had an Implant done, albeit with a back tooth, and said it took the guy six months to finally be all healed up and sealed up. Six months!? Screw that! (pardon the pun LOL) So that pretty much made it decided LOL.

EDIT: Just for a typo "By boss" LOL

[ 05-23-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-23-2003, 10:04 PM   #25
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Bleh, I'm not much of one for dentists Lady Zekke, considering I paid them a vsist last month. Before that I hadn't gone to the dentist in about... 8 years, because I never really had anything wrong happen to my teeth. Anyway, I get in there and do the routine thing, she dug at my teeth so damn hard with that chisel, she chipped the back of my two bottom teeth off. Then she took a metalic measuring rod and was so kind as to jab it into my gums to see if they were regular size (routine I guess to see if they're puffy or not). I lost a lot of blood in the process, but you know, afterwards, the actual dentist came in and his assistant left the room. After I left, they tell me to brush, floss and so forth and to visit them again on the... 16th of May so I can get sudated so they can really get to drilling. I don't care if I have caveties or not, I'll just cut back on the coke than go through that again.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:27 PM   #26
Lil Lil

OMG Gangrell! That is a horrible dentist AND assistant! Don't just forget about seeing a dentist after that experience...get another one...and if there has been damage done to your front teeth from the chipping that needs repaired in order to keep the teeth healthy, definitely make the other dentist pay for it! That's just wrong! Going to the dentist doesn't have to be a painful experience and it should never leave you with conditions that require repairs!

Ladyzekke,
Thanks, yeah me and my face have been through hell LOL...and all I have to show for it now is a scar on my chin (from 6 stitches) and a pretty smile.
Hugs.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #27
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I know Lil Lil, at first it felt like the bottom of my teeth were sticking out of my gums because she was poking at them so hard. Then after a couple of days, I found out it was a small space where they chipped off part of my teeth.

Some dentists be evil people that.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:24 AM   #28
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ouch! Where was it broken, Kalty?
I was left with the root still in my gums.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #29
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
I know Lil Lil, at first it felt like the bottom of my teeth were sticking out of my gums because she was poking at them so hard. Then after a couple of days, I found out it was a small space where they chipped off part of my teeth.

Some dentists be evil people that.
That they can.

Chips can be repaired with bonding...it is relatively inexpensive and protects the tooth from deteriorating through the chip. You should look into getting it fixed because depending on the severity of the chip, you are looking at losing the tooth to decay through the chip. I would definitely look into having the dentist whose assistant either repair it for free or paying for having it done.