Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #271
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

Startled, she glances up to see the couple, the worry leaving her eyes momentarily. An elf and a human young lady. She detects the underlying concern they have for each other, and flushes a little, remembering her harshness towards the panther-man - Raymond, was it not?

Her train of thought is broken by the recognition between the other two women ~ Why do people come and go all the time, and I, remembering little? ~ Yet there is much hope that one day, her memory will be fully regained ~ I wonder what she wants.

Placing her spoon by the side of the dish, she watches on quietly as the scene unfolds.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #272
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

He snorts softly in response, before explaining in a near whisper.

"She was the one who provided me with a reason to leave you behind in the first place.
Still, she coulnd't have known enough about me to have planned that in advance. And even though I now think my time would have been better spent with you, it wasn't wasted like this either."

What are the odds of running into her again in a city this size when there are dozens like it throughout the country...

"Lady Galadria. Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo. It is good to see you once again. Would you introduce us to your companions?"

The beginnings of a small smile are visible on his otherwise expressionless face.

OOC: I think Ni Deng is still eating his breakfast
Old 06-19-2002, 11:13 PM   #273
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR(He enters the main hall of the keep. It is quite crowded and a bright fire burns in the huge fireplace. At the other end of the room is a small dias on which are two chairs, the larger on his left holds a smallish, pale man with a drip on the end of his nose. This, presumably, was King Beresfor. The tired-looking woman to the king's left would be Queen Margot, without a doubt. She is a slight brunette with what seemed to be the beginnings of a bruise on her left cheek. Her beauty at one time would have been considerible. He goes right up to the king, who has been studying him with some interest. A majordomo jostles his elbow, and he gives him his name and titles. The man puffs up his chest and announces in a stentorious voice, "Sir Blandamour, of the Order of the Paladins."
Old 06-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #274
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (Rather dejectedly, but jumps up politely)"Why, hello, there, Sorsha. Where on earth have you been? Legolas, my good elf, a star shines on our meaning, indeed. Sit down, sit down. This is my companion, Isaura. There are others of my group, about."
Old 06-20-2002, 07:34 AM   #275
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

Isaura? It seemed either the gods wanted very much for her to take the throne or this was another carrying her name. From a distance she did not look too much like Sorsha. Now that they are closer, though, he gives her another look, and thinks he can see a lot of minor similarities. Their noses were similar, they shared the same mouth. Their eyebrows were both set in much the same way, if the colour differed.
For a moment he doubts himself, thinking it is only hope that makes it seem this way. Then it passes, and suddenly he is certain they have found Sorsha's sister.
The elf drops to a knee in front of Isaura and bows his head, looking at the unclean, straw-covered floor instead of her eyes.

"My queen," he whispers in a voice clear enough to carry to the ears of the others nearby, and then remains still as he waits for permission to rise.

[ 06-20-2002, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 06-20-2002, 09:03 AM   #276
mistral4543

Isaura

Nearly spluttering at the elf's words, she stares at his bowed head dumbfounded ~ Did he just call me "Queen"? Whatever does he mean? ~ A furrow forms on her eyebrows as she glances at Galadria, then Sorsha, then back to Legolas.

"Please arise." ~ Trying to sound casual, all the while hoping they are not again drawing attention to themselves ~ "I know not of what you speak, but this is not the right time and place to do so." ~ Tilting her head towards the direction of the rooms ~ "I suggest that all of us talk this over in a logical way, in my room." ~ With that, she stands and waits for the rest to follow suit, before retiring to her allocated room.

Once there, they seat themselves comfortably before she once more addresses the ranger ~ "Perhaps you can explain yourself a little more clearly, for I must admit I cannot remember much of my past. What you mentioned back there rather startled me."
Old 06-20-2002, 09:06 AM   #277
mistral4543

Sorsha

This is my sister... my sister... another flesh and blood from Father and Mother... ~ As the words drone on against her eardrums, they are just what they are - mere words. Looking at Isaura, she takes in her exotic features, trying to discern for similarities with her own ~ Forgive me, for not feeling anything for you... I hardly feel anything for anyone these days, except for Legolas.

Guiltily, she looks down at her hands, all the while listening to her companion's narration.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #278
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ooc>> [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] IC>
LADY GALADRIA(While she gazes bemusedly at the scene, she hears her name being called outside the door. She opens the door and sees a young man bearing the emblem of the Order pacing around. He calls her name again, and she rushes to him.) "Ho, there, young one, if you are seeking Lady Galadria Foebane, you have found her. Why are you asking after me?"

MESSENGER"Good day to you, milady. Here is a letter for you from the Order Building in Erebos. There you are. Pardon me, milady, now that my errand is done, I have others. Be well." (He leaves)

LADY GALADRIA(With eager hands, she breaks the seal. The letter reads:
To Lady Galadria Foebane, Cavalier of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander, greeting. This is written by Publius, scribe of the Order at the dictation of Sir Blandamour, called of the Iron Arm, of our Order likewise.

Galadria, I must depart on the morn for the castle of King Beresfor of the Peaks. There is a dragon making trouble, so most likely I shall oppose him. I know not how things are faring for you back in Korup Shun, but I suspect not too well. If you consider it your duty to stay, then Helm forbid I should persuade you otherwise. However, if you do not so conceive, then you may join us at that Castle, for I could use your sword. Believe me, I am, etc. BLANDAMOUR

She crushes the letter to her breast. No, she thinks eventually, my duty is here, with Isaura. Carefully storing the scroll, she returns to the room.)
Old 06-20-2002, 10:08 AM   #279
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

"You... don't remember your past?"

That would probably make it easier to get her to accept her new role. As much as he disliked forcing anyone into such a thing, the land needed a decent ruler.

"I cannot say I am an expert on such matters myself, but I will tell you what I know. Up until a few years ago, maybe twenty or so, this kingdom was ruled by king Gareth. He was a good king, and the people were happy under his rule. His wife blessed him with two daughters, and they named the elder Isaura, and the youngest Elena.
Unfortunately, he also had a brother. He was jealous of Gareth's position and staged a revolt. Gareth and his wife died in the massacre that followed, although they managed to get both children to safety with the aid of those loyal to them. Since then, they weren't heard from again for their own safety.
Gareth's brother took to the throne soon after. That's how this land ended up with king Cedric. You would probably know he seeks only power.
Sorsha here rid the country of his harsh rule. Now the throne stands empty, although there are some who hold a claim to it. You are the rightful heir, and after you your sister. But Cedric also had a daughter. Galadria should know of her. She's a young bard, green eyes, red hair. Her name's Eliza.
We were hoping to find her somewhere so she could direct us to you, as she also seemed to know where to look for your sister. Luckily, that won't be nessecary anymore."

He pauses to give the others time to think upon this and ask their own questions. His and Sorsha's request could wait until the very last.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:34 AM   #280
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: NOTE - I'm going to keep the heat turned down in the city to give you guys a chance to roleplay this without additional complications and so Legolas and Sorsha have a chance to move on afterward to pursue their storyline.

This will also give me a chance to concentrate on the interactions between TAO and Raymond with the druids.

~ Wanders off to think about what kind of monsters to use in harassing an heir to the throne. ~
Closed Thread