Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 07:59 PM   #201
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ironic to hear you say such a thing, since it is nothing but FEAR which is driving the quick resort to military action.

I disagree.
Suprise suprise.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-08-2001, 08:01 PM   #202
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Bizarre. Praying for forgiveness? Your god does fulfil some very convenient functions, does he not? Sin, pray for forgiveness, sin again tomorrow. So that's how it works! Aha, now I understand the attraction....
SC... I'm not sure, but you sound mighty sarcastic here. Apologies in advance if this wasn't meant that way.

It is not bizarre at all, but I think one needs to have a relationship with God to fully comprehend this. We are sinners, all of us. We are enjoined by God to NOT sin and so as good Christians we attempt to not sin. We are not perfect and thus we will do it. God has promised us forgiveness if we ask for it.. not just flippantly saying 'hey, sorry, forgive me' but if we truly REPENT the sin and want forgiveness for what we have done, intending to NOT do it anymore. True repentance means you are sorry for what you have done (or not done) and plan not to repeat the offense. Doesn't mean we don't, but if we attempt to be good, faithful Christians, we try every day to be better at not sinning.

Guess the key here is the honest intent, the true repentance. And that, my dear Cheetah is only felt in the sincere relationship with God, and if one has that relationship, forgiveness is attainable.

I may have misunderstood your post but it seemed a sarcastic insinuation that we Christians just offhand say we are forgiven and boom! run off and do the same thing again with no thought for right and wrong. Not so, if the Christian in question is devout and sincere. (And yes, there are always those who blow smoke and aren't sincere.. I acknowledge that)

It's a big thing to ask for and really want forgiveness. I'm still working on learning to forgive those who've hurt or wronged me over the years. Not an easy task and when I screw up in my own life and need to ask for a little forgiveness of my own.. I sure as hell mean it when I say I'm sorry!

And with that, I apologize to Liliara again.. keep de-railing your thread, don't we?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-08-2001, 08:01 PM   #203
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Forgot to answer your main point - what gets me is the gloating tone. Personally, I find it quite nauseating.

Silver, this is quite an offensive flame. What are you doing?

Old 10-08-2001, 08:01 PM   #204
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

If you are reading gloats you are reading between lines erronoiusly.

I think she was referring to Liliara's gloating tone over the start of the bombing campaign, Yorick.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:10 PM   #205
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I disagree.
Suprise suprise.

Hmmm . . . let's see. Is not that the very reason you and others have been jumping up and down for quick military action, out of sense of near panic and fear of oh my god oh my god where will the terrorists strike next we have to do something now!!!!!!

Yep. That is exactly where you guys have been coming from since the WTC attack.

Those of us who really are living as you claimed, without giving in to fear, have been overidden by the mass panic driven rush.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 08:12 PM   #206
G'kar

Hmmm no takers.

Come on, I want some intelligent discourse, not emotional reactions. Can anyone argue, comment or even agree on any point I made in this thread?

Argue with : we are only making more terrorists and more reason for their actions.

Argue with : 3 1/2 weeks is a short time to come to any recourse. It is hasty action we take. We could have sent Jesse Jackson, or Jimmy Carter, or at least tried in some fashion, instead of making threats and demands which is most undiplomatic.

Argue with: "thou shall not kill" and "do unto others". And dont go quoting other scriptures, thats dodging the issue. My sunday school teacher use to try that, feel sorry for her having to deal with my " dont bow to authority without question " self .

And calling any weapon "smart" is an oxymoron in my book.

Old 10-08-2001, 08:16 PM   #207
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Hmmm no takers.

Come on, I want some intelligent discourse, not emotional reactions. Can anyone argue, comment or even agree on any point I made in this thread?

Argue with : we are only making more terrorists and more reason for their actions.

Argue with : 3 1/2 weeks is a short time to come to any recourse. It is hasty action we take. We could have sent Jesse Jackson, or Jimmy Carter, or at least tried in some fashion, instead of making threats and demands which is most undiplomatic.

Argue with: "thou shall not kill" and "do unto others". And dont go quoting other scriptures, thats dodging the issue. My sunday school teacher use to try that, feel sorry for her having to deal with my " dont bow to authority without question " self .

Sorry I haven't responded to more of your posts in this thread, G'Kar. I would have, but they would all have been of the "right on!" type Your posts and points have been excellent.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:20 PM   #208
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quick off topic - Fljotsdale, yes e-mail Ziroc and ask him to host your sig, I had to do the same a week or so ago when mine went white box with X too!

You know, I feel like I don't even dare add any comments on this thread, as I fear harsh disagreements and digs. I see this happening on this thread from two totally different sides. Kinda like the war going on to me. Although I DO find debates very valuable, I also am disheartened to see my friends angry at eachother here.

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 08:26 PM   #209
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Sorry I haven't responded to more of your posts in this thread, G'Kar. I would have, but they would all have been of the "right on!" type Your posts and points have been excellent.

Thanks! I always seek a conclusive perspective on any given issue that balances both intellect and intuition. Its not a "who agrees the most" contest, but a "what do other individuals think" kinda thing. It just seems odd that in light of such ideas, no one really countered any of them in a way that would persuade me to even consider thinking any differently. Hmmm, well I'll just wait and see.

Old 10-08-2001, 08:29 PM   #210
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Hmmm no takers.

I've seen plenty. If you fail to acknowledge them, why would people respond to you again?

Oh I think a shield is a smart weapon to have.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Closed Thread