Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 10:13 PM   #191
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>> Thanks Legolas! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Verloren
Verloren grinned at Illek's comment, "Well, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. It would be interesting to find out the reason she chained Draj to a wall," she frowned suddenly, "And what if I make a deal with Nataskia to free him, or end up destroying her? What will Drajlough ask of me then? To return to his side and marry him? Pah, marriage is for people who don't trust eachother until those vows are read," she rolled onto her back and stared at the stars, letting out a heavy sigh, "Not like I would ever return to that kniving man anyway," she muttered.

Probed by boredom and restlessness, she got up and stood in front of Illek, conjuring her dulcimer and setting it on the ground. After a small spell, the hammers lifted themselves and began to strike the strings on their own accord. Verloren smiled and held out her hand to help him up, "Tell me good elf, would you care for a dance?"
Lady Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 07:36 AM   #192
Legolas
Jack Burton

Castor glances at the horse, then returns his gaze to examine Blandamour more closely.

"Indeed I do know my heraldy, good sir. And yet, all that can be seen here is a splendid horse bearing these arms. I do fear all this tells me is whom the creature belongs to, or rather it's harness. Indeed, one might even have had it made to falsely claim to be another. Yet, you also bear the legendary sword which is his alone.
I would not dream of accusing a man of his qualities of anything, but 'tis possible the knight was robbed of his gear lately, wouldn't you agree?
Take up my little test, and pass it so you may have the message I carry, or fail and let me continue my search. Mayhaps one of your companions can help you out?"

He knew that the longer Blandamour would wait with his answer, the more he himself would have to stick out his neck. Mentioning the sword seemed a pretty safe bet, as it was such a magnificent piece, but eventually the knight might call his bluff. Worse yet, he might just walk away.
Vino, on the other hand, was convinced his master knew exactly what to say to get the effect he desired. It had always worked in the past, and the squire was intrigued at the way Castor managed to talk his way through life. Although there were a few desperate moments here and there...
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:25 AM   #193
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (To Castor, irritated) "Bah, you think that I could have taken a knight's warhorse and his sword, and be talking to you, not attacking you? I sense little good in this meeting, and if you do not explain yourself or be off in short order, you may be looking at my blade. Not that I would use it on a popinjay such as yourself, but to slap you with the flat of it."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:31 AM   #194
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

ILLEK(Seeing Verloren's beauty and grace melts something in his breast that has been frozen for a long, long, time. He smiles crookedly) "Very well, Princess, but you will have to put up with a little rust in my step, for it has been many a year since I danced in the Spring festivals of my home." (He rises and they dance, weaving a spell out of the fragrant night. The stars look down and the fading moon casts faint shadows on the dewy grass. A very small humanoid figure watches them with fascination from a tree.)
Old 09-01-2002, 01:07 PM   #195
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Verloren
For the first time since she had escaped from Kinn'zuwanik, Verloren felt entirely safe and at ease, dancing in this elf's arms. She let her head fall forward and rest on Illek's chest, where she closed her eyes contentedly, letting the serene moment take her.

Her sharp hearing picked up the noise of a branch snapping, and her hands instinctivly tighten on Illek's, "Did you hear that? Something is in those trees behind us..." her eyes began to film over red at the thought of something-or someone-breaking her new found peace and serenity. She looked up at Illek with blazing eyes, "What say you? Find out what it is, or leave it be, for now?"

[ 09-01-2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 09-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #196
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Ah, a man of the action I see. Well my good Sir, I do hope you will not think ill of me for being cautious. If I were in your armour I'd certainly not like my messenger to hand information to the wrong person. Truth be told, I too am no fan of these games, and yet father insists I learn to play them."

By now Castor had the impression noone was going to play along, so he changed his tactics.

"I have in fact two pieces of information for the Sir Blandamour. The first of these concerns Legolas and.. ehr.. Amy. I can tell you the two of them are about to face a danger greater than they can handle, and one which will soon grow to form a threat to all nearby countries. I do hate to risk their lives by saying this, but I cannot tell you more unless you take up the test. On this, too much depends on you truely being the Sir Blandamour.
The second concerns a personal danger to the Knight-Banneret of the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander, and I might tell you more on that if you are interested."

He took the following milisecond's silence for an encouragement to speak on.

"'Tis a plot I stumbled upon purely by chance, I must say. Some time ago, I journeyed through a place called "Wyvern City". During my stay there, I was priviledged to watch a splendid piece entitled "Dance of the Iron Arm," performed by a group of bards staying in the area.
As I spoke to some of the bards afterwards, I overheard one say he was going to locate, follow and capture one Blandamour so he might advance through the ranks of whatever cult he was a member of. You see, this Blandamour was also a character in the play, a paladin, but now I suspect that particular character was based upon yourself. Were I you, I'd keep an eye out for him.
I didn't catch his name, but he is about my age, nineteen years young. Blonde hair and a disregard for armour, from what I could see of it."

He paused for breath, but before anyone could open their mouths to speak he was talking again.

"I realise time is pressing for you at the moment, so if you will have us Vino and myself will ride with you to wherever you are headed while you think on things. I fear there is not much more I can tell you, though, until you can fully convince me you are indeed the man I seek. I've given you indication on how to do so already, am I right? Very well. Mount up, Vino..."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:14 PM   #197
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

ILLEK(To Verloren) "I see it! A grig, by my hand. Shh, I do not think that it is hostile." (To Grig) "Come here, little one. Are you seeking us? Do you need aid?"

GRIG (hesitant at first, she flits near) "Pretty elves. I like it when elves dance, I do. Like flying, but without wings" (She pirouettes in mid-air, showing off her glowing ones) "Too bad you elves cannot fly, the dance would be ever so pretty. I need naught, but to see the dance. I love the music. How does it come? I know! Elvish magic!" (She giggles) "How elvish, to waste magic on music. But I like it."
Old 09-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #198
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>>This scene reminds of a part in Juxtposition, a favorite book of mine, the exact same thing happens, except the couple arent elves
Verloren
Verloren smiled at the Grig flitting in front of them, her eyes returning to their normal color, "Did you know, little one, that I have flown before, on the back of a dragon love. I'm sure that must count for something, how many people can say they have done that? But to fly as you do, would be a true wonder," she looked admiringly at the sprites wings.
(To Illek)"Shall we continue? I was enjoying myself," she made a mock pout face at him.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:35 PM   #199
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (To Sir Bors) "There was no trouble with the orcs. They are all dead. We were even able to rescue Lady Roxanne, though she had been maltreated by those scum. I hope that she will be all right. But, I must speak to you about the kingdom to the south. It is, as you know, in chaos, since the death of the king. Lady Isaura, here, is the daughter of the rightful king, and we are seeking allies on her part. Lord, Amroth, as I'm sure you remember him, is ready to raise her banner in the North, but he needs reassurance that we can keep Bronoke Pass open for him. Can I reassure him that the Order will do that?"
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #200
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BORS (To Lady Galadria) "Aye, we can do that easily. Twould not be a bad thing to have a ruler friendly to the Order in that kingdom, and this Jonathan certainly promises to be nothing of the sort. I have Sir Piestrider and five knights, with their men asking for action, so I shall send them there. Perhaps the cold mountain air of the Pass will cool their ardor. You also may assure this Jonathan that an attack on that outpost, Fortress Melrose, it is called, will bring the whole weight of the Order on behalf of the rebellion.