Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 01:44 PM   #191
Azred
Drow Priestess

I hate testing the central heat for the first time after the summer. The stupid burning smell sets off the fire alarms. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Ok. I'm better now. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:49 PM   #192
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hi all, back from a great day from "college" [img]tongue.gif[/img] actually it was a trip a College one. great fun the "activites" were kinda lame, [img]tongue.gif[/img] archery for an hr, then climbing something in groups of three, then problem solving, but it was fun. no one took em really seriously and it was a great laugh. [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, it was COLD windy wet and it rained [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol,it WOULD rain heavily just when Im doin the climbing thingy about 4 metres off the ground, wouldnt it [img]tongue.gif[/img] . lol, still being next to the sea (the thing was on a small island, about oh a 1/2 hr drive from College..) so it was bound to be cold. heh, they told us that the tide was the highest they'd had in 14 yrs :| [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, lots of fun, anyway, what u all been up to?
Old 10-08-2002, 02:09 PM   #193
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Yikes, a fire? That's so dangerous...but kids think 'it's only a prank' and never think past the initial 'fun' of doing those things, do they?
You can't blame kids for not thinking rationally, life's just a big joke right now for them
Old 10-08-2002, 02:17 PM   #194
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Heya Sazzie! Good morning to you! You'd love my weather today! Well, it's sunny, but cool, very nice Autumn weather.

Attalus, poor Gal must have been ahem...a WEE bit irritable in AUGUST and 9 mos along? EEEF! I'd not blame her a bit if she bit the heads off traveling salesmen at that point!
LOL, yes, she would sit on the couch on our (enclosed, air-conditioned) porch, while she ... er ... commented on things. Piestrider and I were quite used to "biting." [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] That was 1998, one of the hottest summers on record. She says that she still remembers the heat when the ambulance carried her into the hospital. (She had to have an emergency C-section.)

[ 10-08-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 10-08-2002, 04:10 PM   #195
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

I still don't understand why the troll's name changed to Anarion, is it because he changed his name after he joined and after being banned it reverted to the original one?
From what I understand from Ziroc, that's exactly what happened. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Saz
[/QUOTE]Well... in truth, this is what happened:

When you register to this board, you get to chose a secret login name, and then a public name that will appear when you post. Anarion was his private name, and Radiant Mephit was his public name. When Ziroc deleted his account it reverted back to his private name.

Everyone has a login name it's just that almost all of us used the same name both for login and for the public.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:26 PM   #196
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi guys. The police say that it is very unlikely that the insane driver will be caught. Oh well. I wasn't physically hurt, and I'm getting LOADS of attention from everyone at Uni. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:01 PM   #197
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Horatio, I'm sorry that you didn't get that nut's license plate number, but doubtless you were rather occupied at the time.

BTW, Piestrider and I came down hard on the pro vanilla coke issue. I'm drinking one right now. Galadria drinks diet Sprite.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:10 PM   #198
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, vinalla coke... [img]tongue.gif[/img] heh, ah well, Its 11, I'm tired ;P its NOT late, not really, but I got a tutiroal tommorw lol, annoying things those. "Why are you here?" (I wont post an answer [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) "How do you plan to stick with the course?" (again, I wont post an answer [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) "Do you have a parttime job?" hehe, no I just hate stupid questions [img]tongue.gif[/img] erm, anyway, I'm off to bed. 'night all (actually when we were on the bus back to college, I asked the tutor, so I know the questions in advance... wondering if I should use these as answers [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Them: "why are you here?"
Me: "It is a means to an end, in typical darkelf fashion, I plan to slay you, my tutors, after I have learned everything you're willing to teach..."
Them:"How are you going to stick with it?"
Me:"...Its unproffestional to leave a job half undone..."
Them:"Do you have a partime job?"
Me:"What IS this? A conspircy?"
Them:"how are you finding the course so far?"
Me:"Do you really want an answer?"
Them:"Yes"
Me:"..fine, I think it sucks, just like last year... but hey, its better then school..."
Them:"Do you have any comments?"
Me:"...I KNOW you're out there, I'm onto you! You never take me alive NEVER I TELL YOU! Do you hear me? NEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR...."

hehe. sorry, VERY warped humor tonight ... could be due to cafine or lack of it... no I dont need help, really I dont... erm why are you looking at me like that? Stay back! [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k. anyway cyas all tommorw
Old 10-08-2002, 06:19 PM   #199
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Cya l8r, CD.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #200
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi everybody [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] well I think im going to be on for a while today... which will be the first time in about 2 months... So did anything major happen that I should know about? Other than the name change?