Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Light Bulb

DUI = Driving Under the Influence = pretty tipsy
DWI = Driving While Intoxicated = DRUNK
Penalty is commesurate with how "good" you're feeling.

Oh, Lord K, the sites from D.C. are killing my search attempts. Look for lawyers in your area that specialize in DUI on www.martindale.com , and some of them will have info-pages you can quote.

Or, just let 'em know that with fines, lawyer fees, court costs, and "drunk school" to save the license, there isn't really anywhere where you can get off for less than $2K for a garden-variety DUI offense.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:56 PM   #12
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
DUI = Driving Under the Influence = pretty tipsy
DWI = Driving While Intoxicated = DRUNK
Penalty is commesurate with how "good" you're feeling.

Oh, Lord K, the sites from D.C. are killing my search attempts. Look for lawyers in your area that specialize in DUI on www.martindale.com , and some of them will have info-pages you can quote.

Or, just let 'em know that with fines, lawyer fees, court costs, and "drunk school" to save the license, there isn't really anywhere where you can get off for less than $2K for a garden-variety DUI offense.
Thats Washington sate, not DC, TL, thanks though. I have people tell me they have paid upwards of $8,000, after everything. That includes paying for your alcohol class meetings, and if you get your liscence back, the breather deal for you car. I can research this on my own, just thought you might know right off where to go for easy to read and print fines and punishment. Thanks TL.

Oh, and Stormy, [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 05-19-2003, 05:14 PM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I know you live in Wash. State, Lord K. But, the D.C. sites were screwing up my text searches for stuff in Wash. State over at Findlaw and Loislaw.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:32 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Nothing personal, Stormymystic, but it's good you're glad to hear your friend isn't going to be driving around drunk anymore! I don't mean to be rude, but I believe anyone stupid and irresponsible enough to drive while drunk AND get into accidents more than once, should pay a heavy fine and do jail time! Sorry, SM, but your husband's friend is lucky he didn't kill anyone! I hear about a fatal accident involving drunk drivers almost every day on the news!

IMO Friends don't let friends drive drunk, either.

[ 05-19-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-19-2003, 05:39 PM   #15
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I know you live in Wash. State, Lord K. But, the D.C. sites were screwing up my text searches for stuff in Wash. State over at Findlaw and Loislaw.
Ah, sorry, misunderstood. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2003, 07:05 PM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Nothing personal, Stormymystic, but it's good you're glad to hear your friend isn't going to be driving around drunk anymore! I don't mean to be rude, but I believe anyone stupid and irresponsible enough to drive while drunk AND get into accidents more than once, should pay a heavy fine and do jail time! Sorry, SM, but your husband's friend is lucky he didn't kill anyone! I hear about a fatal accident involving drunk drivers almost every day on the news!

IMO Friends don't let friends drive drunk, either.
agree with you, the only thing that has me worrid is how is his wife going to cope with the bills and raising her kids as well as his it pisses me off that he did it, and I have only one thing to say about it, I drink yes, but i do not drive, when we..my husban and I, go out to a party, which is pretty much the only time we drink, they have a limo bus that takes everyone back and forth to the hotel so no one has a reason to drink and drive, he has done it more times than i can count, and i have told him he needs to stop, before he does KILL someone, I do not condone what he did, and am glad he might learn this time, but unfortuneatly, i do not see it happening unless he wants it