Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I don't get it, why do I always fall for girls who have boyfriends, there is this girls in my classes,very beuatyful, very funny and just great...and we talk a lot, I knew she was married but tonight I almost kissed her, well we both started it, we were talking and suddenly she stopped and you know we both made that move, thankfully we didn't, but this is not the firsttime it happens (the falling for taken girls part, not the almost kissing part... thats kinda new... and scary [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I can not count the number of times I've fallen in love with girls who had boyfriends. and even if I knew nothing would ever happen. Just suppressed the feeling to a point when I'm ready to explode.
Then for some odd reason single girls regard me as highly as the dirt under their shoes... well most of them. But those who are taken always seem to like me.

Am I sick or something...?
This is an easy one JC. It's because they are 'safe'. You'll never have to act on your feelings because they are in a relationship with someone else. You keep telling yourself you wouldn't want to be involved with someone who cheated on their boyfriend anyway. So you never get hurt!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-25-2002, 10:41 AM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thank goodness Hunter of J said it. There is a BRIGHT LINE difference between your romantic encounters with girls who have boyfriends and girls who have husbands. No matter her feelings, she has made a pact and we as society have a duty to hold her to it until it's done. In other words, if you have any honor, she's off limits to you while she's married, bud.

Now, I realize there are exceptions. Such as an "open" relationship. If it's okay with her husband, if they're swingers, etc, then the above rule does not apply. Otherwise, it's dishonesty. And, it's not just hers. It's yours too. For her it's betrayal + deceit. For you it's just deceit unless you also owe any loyalty to the hubby.

There are TONS of fish in the sea. Taking a girl away from a guy is normal - hell if she's worth having she likely won't be completely single. Suitors must always be chased off. But a married woman is a different story.

Best of Luck. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 11:20 AM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Thank goodness Hunter of J said it. There is a BRIGHT LINE difference between your romantic encounters with girls who have boyfriends and girls who have husbands. No matter her feelings, she has made a pact and we as society have a duty to hold her to it until it's done. In other words, if you have any honor, she's off limits to you while she's married, bud.

Now, I realize there are exceptions. Such as an "open" relationship. If it's okay with her husband, if they're swingers, etc, then the above rule does not apply. Otherwise, it's dishonesty. And, it's not just hers. It's yours too. For her it's betrayal + deceit. For you it's just deceit unless you also owe any loyalty to the hubby.

There are TONS of fish in the sea. Taking a girl away from a guy is normal - hell if she's worth having she likely won't be completely single. Suitors must always be chased off. But a married woman is a different story.

Best of Luck. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Wow, guy's why do you think I didn't kiss her, because I don't want to break up her marriage, or hurt her in anyway, and I definetly don't want to take her away from her husband... who is a nice guy by the way. It was just some momentary madness on our both behalfs...

But thanks guys for the advices, Epona I'm 27 and at that age hardly anyone is single either... and if they are there is usually a good reason for it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 03:16 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Wow, guy's why do you think I didn't kiss her, because I don't want to break up her marriage, or hurt her in anyway, and I definetly don't want to take her away from her husband... who is a nice guy by the way. It was just some momentary madness on our both behalfs...

But thanks guys for the advices, Epona I'm 27 and at that age hardly anyone is single either... and if they are there is usually a good reason for it [img]smile.gif[/img]
2 points:

1) that "good reason" may be nothing more than they're shy ordon't have much time to huhnt for partners (busy work life for instance) or hav not long split up with someone

2) you can have the best of intentions but things can still spin out of your control. when that happens, all you can do is go with it