Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 11:11 PM   #11
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, I think it's good that Jean Chretien's outta there. He's had his time.

I really have no clue where that 83% figure came from. I admit, I find you guys sometimes a little nosy internationally, but there's no justification on God's green earth for killing 3000 people NEARLY ALL OF WHOM WERE CIVILIANS.

I'd say I don't like how the country is being run right now, but I have friends and family who are Americans, and they in no way deserved to have that brought down upon their country.

And Iron_Ranger, how can you possibly call our country ridiculously wide open when all of ONE of the 9/11 hijackers got into the country through Canada? How many of them came in through the US. And how would even the tightest security have stopped them, short of discriminating against all Arabs?

And you're right, we have a crap military. We're too busy making a public national healthcare system (which, despite complaints, works just fine) and better education.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand how Americans can be upset with his comments. I was shocked too. I just don't see a need to rail at all of us.

[ 09-19-2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 09-19-2002, 11:19 PM   #12
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Well, I think it's good that Jean Chretien's outta there. He's had his time.

I really have no clue where that 83% figure came from. I admit, I find you guys sometimes a little nosy internationally, but there's no justification on God's green earth for killing 3000 people NEARLY ALL OF WHOM WERE CIVILIANS.

I'd say I don't like how the country is being run right now, but I have friends and family who are Americans, and they in no way deserved to have that brought down upon their country.

And Iron_Ranger, how can you possibly call our country ridiculously wide open when all of ONE of the 9/11 hijackers got into the country through Canada? How many of them came in through the US. And how would even the tightest security have stopped them, short of discriminating against all Arabs?

And you're right, we have a crap military. We're too busy making a public national healthcare system (which, despite complaints, works just fine) and better education.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand how Americans can be upset with his comments. I was shocked too. I just don't see a need to rail at all of us.
Well your right, Americas systyem was pretty lax pre 9/11. But come, dont agure Canada has the most wide open borders on the planet. Its a fact. You could have a proven fake vis and they would still let you in.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 09-19-2002, 11:28 PM   #13
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Well your right, Americas systyem was pretty lax pre 9/11. But come, dont agure Canada has the most wide open borders on the planet. Its a fact. You could have a proven fake vis and they would still let you in.
I concede the point, our borders are pretty lax when it comes to security, but why do our borders honestly need to be secure? We've had 15 years (Marc Lepine) since a major terrorist attack, and even that was domestic. The fact is nobody really gives a crap about us. Plus it seems to me, that when terrorists do seem to come from here (Achmed Rassam{spl?}) you guys pick them up. Kudos to your security guys. I don't argue with tightening up our border, but seriously, your security is not our responsibility.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:46 PM   #14
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I concede the point, our borders are pretty lax when it comes to security, but why do our borders honestly need to be secure? We've had 15 years (Marc Lepine) since a major terrorist attack, and even that was domestic. The fact is nobody really gives a crap about us. Plus it seems to me, that when terrorists do seem to come from here (Achmed Rassam{spl?}) you guys pick them up. Kudos to your security guys. I don't argue with tightening up our border, but seriously, your security is not our responsibility.[/QUOTE]Your borders need to be uptight because terrorist come through Canada to america, what about the 2000 New Years in Seattle/Vancover. That guy got caught yeah, but who knows when another guy will waltz right into Canada and sneack through Quebec into New York and bomb something. Why should you tighten up security? Oh Hell I dont know, for the sake of peoples lifes maybe? Sheesh.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 09-19-2002, 11:49 PM   #15
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Good point IR. I'm sorry if I sounded unsympathetic. It's just that many times it seems like we're being blamed for all the terrorist attacks in the states. [shrugs] I guess you're right though. Anyway, I got to go, and it was really interesting talking to you. Later! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]