Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2002, 11:24 AM   #11
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Well i would buy a House, a nice car, and pay for my collage without taking out anynmore student loans , a little off topic here but hello Sio [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2002, 11:24 AM   #12
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Sio, make a hello thread so people know you're here! Welcome to IW, have a good time.
Hm, I think the jackpot here is around 9million squid (sorry, old London-accent thing going on there ). Hm, I'd probably buy 9 million more lottery tickets, but that's just me.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:53 AM   #13
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

well if it was one of those really big jackpots,i'd buy the top three floors of ocean side condos in va beach,then a small fleet of hummvees(not the civilian hummer,but the military version),then get a gulfstream g-4 and travel the world!and let's not forget the required body guards!
Old 09-17-2002, 12:21 PM   #14
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If I won the lottery............hmmmmm......

First, I would pay off all of my bills. Then pay off the bills of my parents and in-laws (wife's parents and sisters family). Now that the family is taken care of, I would build a larger house. Not huge, but big enough for our 3 boys and a couple of guest rooms (in case our parents need them as they get older).

That takes care of the "responsible" decisions. So the next thing I would buy is some type of sports car (I AM a guy, after all ). Probably would go for a Saleen Mustang. I test-drove one in Florida years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

I would also make sure the house had a large game room in it. I want a pool table done in purple (which is my favorite color - in case you couldn't tell).

After that.....I don't really know.

The one surprising thing I would do is NOT QUIT my job [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Why should I? I thoroughly enjoy what I do and I have enough free time to browse IW during my breaks. What could be better?
Old 09-17-2002, 12:23 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

Oh the everlasting dream of winning the god damn lottery...
Well I'd pay of my debts, set up a college fund for my brother get my own house and a car. Then I'd travel for about 6 months, just to see the world and visit friends... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2002, 05:29 PM   #16
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I would purchase a modest house on a beach somewhere and concentrate on writing, I of course would quit my current job
Old 09-17-2002, 05:47 PM   #17
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hmmm.... a computer... no two, no three, hell FIVE. I'd buy FIVE computers, and a house for MYSELF. Then I'd shove it ALL into the bank and live of the intrest! no work ever! [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, and maybe donate some to charity...
Old 09-17-2002, 06:06 PM   #18
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Buy a house, car, computor, and lots of games!
Old 09-17-2002, 06:21 PM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
That takes care of the "responsible" decisions. So the next thing I would buy is some type of sports car (I AM a guy, after all ).
Cerek! It's not just a guy thing I would get a 1960s Triumph Herald. And a Lambretta TV200 (a rather nice model of scooter, for those who don't know).

Would then pay off debts, buy a nice house with a garden but nothing spectacular, just somewhere normal. Would also buy my parents somewhere & give some to my brother to do what he wanted with it. I have several friends struggling with mortgages so would probably help them out too.

If I'd won a lot I might try to do something to help the homeless in London if I could, I dunno, maybe a food distribution network or hostels or something (this isn't a well thought out plan, just that the fact that people have to sleep on the streets of one of the worlds richest capital cities in this day and age disgusts me).

And set up a rescue centre for unwanted parrots - people get them cos they want a pet that is intelligent and talks without realising what hard work they are to keep, then the poor things just get passed round from person to person, unhappy, noisy, they even tear their own flesh and kill themselves if they don't have a stable environment and lots of attention. Even little baby birds get abandoned or rehomed when the owners find out how much attention they need. My parrot Jasper was only 15 weeks old when his first owners got fed up with the noise, the mess, and the amount of attention he craved (after 1 week!) - and sold him. Their loss, my gain. Luckily he found a good home 2nd try.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:27 PM   #20
Sorcerer Alex

I'd buy my parents a nice house straight off the bat - it'd be the first time in their lives that they wouldn't have to pay rent or a mortgage, so I imagine they'd like that a lot. Then, I'd transfer to a better (ie. more expensive) university, get myself a modest abode in Boston, purchase a 2002 Lexus, and blow the rest on parties with lots of women, beer and weed. I'm awful, I know.