Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 12:27 PM   #11
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I hate Puddle of Mudd because it got famous only because of Limp Bizkit.
I hate Limp Bizkit because it got famous only because of Korn.[/QUOTE]It did? What´s your proof, Azzie? I belive Nookie was their first superhit, yes? How was KoRn involved?
Btw, just curious, what song made KoRn popular(I used to be a crazed Limp Bizkit and Korn fan )?
Old 07-31-2002, 01:35 PM   #12
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
It did? What´s your proof, Azzie? I belive Nookie was their first superhit, yes? How was KoRn involved?
KoRn introduced Limp Bizkit to a record company, when Fred Durst tattooed Jonathan Davis.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:55 PM   #13
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
It did? What´s your proof, Azzie? I belive Nookie was their first superhit, yes? How was KoRn involved?
KoRn introduced Limp Bizkit to a record company, when Fred Durst tattooed Jonathan Davis.[/QUOTE]Hmm, is it so? Good to know it was like that and not the other way around [img]smile.gif[/img] . Im having a total "Hate Limp Bizkit" stasis ever since Wes left. But KoRn aint that bad.. i just don´t listen to them anymore.
Im having my Winamp Player opened right now and listening to Prodigy -Baby`s Got a Temper and the next one on the list is PPK - Resurrection. oh, joy !
Old 07-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #14
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I hate everything because everything is only around because of something else. Makes perfect sense.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:21 PM   #15
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

no that makes no sense, how about, i am here because you want me to be or , you are a figment of your own imagination they make perfect sense dont they.
Felix
Old 08-01-2002, 02:17 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
I hate Puddle of Mudd because it got famous only because of Limp Bizkit.
I hate Limp Bizkit because it got famous only because of Korn.[/QUOTE]I hate Korn because it only got famous because of Bread.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-01-2002, 02:23 AM   #17
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Who is Bread??

Honestly uss, PoM plays decent music. I never listen to Limp Bizkit, so they didn't get me into their music [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's called a RADIO STATION
Old 08-01-2002, 03:05 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Who is Bread??
http://www.mid-tn.com/bread/

I was going for a pun on "Cornbread" but since you asked...

Quote:
According to an advertisement folder issued in the early seventies, Bread's beginning was "an accident," described as a "chance encounter among creative musicians who got together in late 1969 to explore a new escape from the supercharged notes exploding from overjuiced amps in those electronically inspired, frenzied days of rock." Whew! What a mouthful. Well, maybe the author of these adjective-laden phrases overdid it a little bit, but the essence of the message was true enough. Bread's music clearly defied the norms and was indicative of a change back to more interesting melodies and intricate harmonies.

They knew each other through various ways. Jimmy Griffin and David Gates each had solo careers with varying degrees of success, both as writers and artists. Larry Knechtel was a well-known studio musician, as was Mike Botts. Robb Royer, who was a founding member, had recently come from a singing group called "Pleasure Fair," whose producer was David Gates. So the raw talent was there and the desire to collaborate was there. According to David Gates, "We sat down, started singing and jamming together and the sound came out." Jimmy Griffin recalls "Because we both wanted to play, write, produce and arrange, we decided to form our own group."

In the beginning, there were just three: David, Jimmy and Robb. It was the summer of 1968 when the group approached Elektra Records....

[ 08-01-2002, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-01-2002, 04:03 AM   #19
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Hmmm, it appears some people here like Puddle of Mud. I would be very intrigued if somebody could tell me one reason just why this bland, third rate grunge/corporate nu-metal band with unoriginal riffs, dumb-ass lyrics (listen to "she hates me"), a lead singer that has a bloody awful voice, and yet recieves undeserved major MTV exposure should deserve one scrap of respect from me.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:37 AM   #20
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Who said you had to respect them [img]tongue.gif[/img]