Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #11
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well banging my head against a wall always hurts... [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I have done it more than a few times.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:11 PM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Well banging my head against a wall always hurts... [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I have done it more than a few times.
I think the key point to this thread was to say how you killed your computer...not how you killed a wall
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-14-2002, 11:21 PM   #13
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, like Scholarcs I remember it is just a game. But the dumbest thing I did in a game was playing the Homeworld demo before the game had come out. Oh, we were loving that demo and drooling for HW to be released. I had a particularly good game going, I had the game set to "no unit cap". I was trouncing my foe but good. During this game I went on a "salvage corvette" capturing spree. Between the Frigates and Destroyers (no Heavy Cruisers in the demo) I was cranking out and those captured from the enemy, I had something like 45 capital ships all set in a Wall Formation guarding sweet pez dispenser mama ship. The problem came in that I had so many salvaged cap ships waiting to be converted that I lost track. Between having my fighters and corvettes taunting enemy caps so that my pesky pilferers (sal vettes) could sneak in unmolested and whisk them away to mother vahalla for total conversion, disposing of enemy fighters and vettes and watching for my new recruits to pop out of the oven so that I could assign them to a battle group. Those who have played HW know that if you play as Kushan, capital ships come out of mamasita's hanger bay pointing straight up and down, bow pointing upwards. I was quite pleased to see another Destroyer in the above described position and intended to add it to my large group of cap ships by selecting my cap ship group and intended to add the ship by pressing 'shift' + group number. With all the other details I was monitoring, what I failed to see was that this Destroyer was NOT coming out of the hangar bay. The design of HW Cataclysm made it very easy to see if your salvage vettes were still controlling an enemy cap ship, but in HW it was/is difficult to see if your sal vettes are still attached to an enemy cap ship, especially if you are zoomed out a ways to see the larger picture. My pilfering band of neredowell sal vettes had only recently released this Destroyer for conversion, and it was on the way into the hanger bay. To make matters even worse, this Destroyer was still technically an enemy ship and I missed the 'shift' key and pressed 'ctrl' and left clicked on it instead. My nice wall formation of 40+ cap ships pivoted smartly enough in position to make any drill instructor proud and commecenced blazing away at the Destroyer. I was totally dumbfounded for a moment, trying to figure out what the FRICKING FRACKING HECK was FRIGGING going on while I impotently watched the Destroyer inexorrably drawn into the bowels of my command ship with all the Ion beams and cannons of 40+ cap ships pummeling it. This process only took about 5 seconds for me to figure out what had happened. I was in the process of pressing the "~" key to cancel the attack order when this (hind end) Rear Fleet Admiral was forced to watch in utter disbeleif as the Destroyer exploded inside my mother ship and then she in turn blossomed in a spectacular display of obliteration. At first I couldn't believe that a Destroyer blowing up inside my mother ship would be enough to destroy it, but then I remembered a (very cheezy) glitch some people had figured out, which if they could manage to Hyper Jump a cap ship to exact position of an enemy MS, the MS would be destroyed when the cap ship came out of hyper space, so I supposed what happened to me wasn't so far off. It truly sucked to have been in total control of the game, and could have won it any time, then to end up destoying myself and losing. I guess you can tell the image of this disaster is indelably imprinted on what remains of my sotted memory [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-15-2002, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 06-15-2002, 12:04 AM   #14
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I was playing Zelda 64 and i died for about the 76 time in a row.I got real mad and hit the wall with my head and I busted it.It was pretty much a weak wall.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi