Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #11
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

also keep in mind that the ss were simply brilliant at recruiting, using patriotic feelings of non-germans as well as fear of communism... many foreign volunteers thought they were doing their country a favour by signing up. the eastern european ss divisions were in general the most motivated and fanatical of the lot, because of the intense hatred for communism. some historians went as far as to claim that nato was made after the image of the ss... (there are obvious parallels but i think that goes a little too far)
Old 05-08-2002, 11:06 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Holland gave the most troops to the SS (50 000), maybe except to germany. You should look it up and tell it to everyone you know.

You have to look at both sides. According to German high command, nowhere in Europe did they encounter more resistance then in The Netherlands. There are twisted people in all country's, and 50000 isn't really that much when you look at the big picture.
And lets look at the people that joined the SS. Mostly scholars, members of the Hitler Jugend and other youngsters. Mainly because they were brainwashed by German propaganda at schools and in social life in general.
[/QUOTE]preach on brother ( btw your sig isn't showing )
Old 05-08-2002, 11:46 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey uss brother,
Why don't you get your own account instead of using your little brothers.

Stand on your own feet and use your own voice.

It's not hard. All it takes is an email address, and a little time.

Once you do, we can talk.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-08-2002, 12:20 PM   #14
Thoran
Galvatron

At the time when the US entered the war, Japan was VERY strong... they were stomping all over the Pacific and Asian mainland making significant gains everywhere. At their height they controlled darn near half of China, and most of Indochina along with lots of islands sprinkled all over the pacific. They had well trained and well equipped troops and brilliant strategic leadership. They were by no means a minor distraction to the US war effort... maybe from the point of veiw of Europe that theater was not as important... but it was a bloody big deal to us. (you brits have great expletives [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 05-08-2002, 12:39 PM   #15
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
SS wasn't 100%gang of rapists and such. If some really did that, should we tell the entire army was a gang of rapists?
actuall the incidence of rape by the western armies,both allied and german,were rare.this is because they were highly diciplined.the soviets on the other hand were the exact opposite.they were undiciplned and brutal.but war on the eastern front was a brutal thing.hell,most soviet civilian deaths were at the hands of the soviet army and kgb divisions as they reconquered territory.
Quote:
Someone in holland, who said SS was full of killers and was an immoral thing, should be very f**king shamed! Holland gave the most troops to the SS (50 000), maybe except to germany. You should look it up and tell it to everyone you know.
yeah,that would be the 23rd ss panzer division,nederland.and yes they were one of the better ss units,having earned 19 knights crosses of the iron cross..but you seem to be missing the point here.they were fighting for the country that had conquered them!
Quote:
I have a link ( http://www.panzer-prints.com/new_page_1.htm ), telling that the Estonian division wasn't involved with any atrocities, so when I'd like to use your logic, SS was 100% patriotic.
the estonians on the other hand were fighting for their liberators.and they had the 20th waffen grenadier division der ss,estnische.this title means that they were not part of the general ss,they were more like mercenaries.and they would only have been tolerated as long as the war was being fought.
Quote:
Why would you flame Uss? Because he was in the wrong side, yes? Well, anyone, who tells him he's nazi because he didn't think he'd like to be in the side of Americans, English nor the russians when talking bout the war, should shut up.
we will continue to tell him he is wrong because he IS WRONG!just because you choose to fool yourselves doesn't mean we will do the same.
and f.gottwald you are absolutely right.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

( btw your sig isn't showing )[/QB][/quote]Yeah, I noticed. Its being moved to another so I'll have to wait a few more days.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #17
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Geez uss all that stuff made my eyes hurt! Cant we talk about a different war? Like the Cold War maybe? Or WW1? This stuff is tiring [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Wow, ive got to write alot of stuff in this thread..

[img]tongue.gif[/img] nope. sorry, my brother knows alot about that war and he has told me some of the stuff he`s learned from the true mastermind: my teacher .
Old 05-08-2002, 01:02 PM   #18
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
tell your brother he should smoke a joint from time to time, it really calms you down
ROFLMAO!!! Absolutely mate [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]hmm, actually, he was very calm. the fact that he curses alot is extemely and absolutely true .
Old 05-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #19
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
Um USS you might want to tell your brother abou tleandlease. You know that is where the US sent all those tanks planes guns and amunition to the soviets. Also plese point out to him that the US stated policy which they followed in the War was to concentrate on the Germans and their allies before Japan. Also plese remind him how the soviets and the germsn were friends prior to the German attack on the Soviets. How they divided Poland between themselves. Oh about the bombing ask him why he think sthey took turns. From what i have studied the Allies kept up a constant bombarbment of Germany durin gthe war. In fact the Americans ran a daylight bombarbment campaign which is considred more dangerous. S for the Germans losin gthe war from the start. That is a bit off too. The German high water marks was the winter of 1942. The war started in 1939. In fact had the Soviets not manage to break through the german allied line just west of Stalingrad the soviet government was about to colapse. But hey never let facts stand in the way of idiology.
will do .
i`ll ask him.
and as i said in my previous post, he was very calm. he just has a.. unique way of commmunicating
Old 05-08-2002, 01:13 PM   #20
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
uss - if I understood any of what your brother said I would likely argue with him.

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to let someone use your account to post here. He actually makes you appear even more ignorant than you already do.

Of course you are young and English isn't your first language so I expect someone will be along soon to castigate me. We have to make allownaces for the likes of you.

BTW - telling people to shut up doesn't necessarily endear them to you.

BTW - what does 'uss' mean. It's been such a long time since you explained it to us!
hmm, i can`t quite understand if you were secretly flaming me..
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] youre not the first who has called me ignorant. did i have much spelling mistakes? and what does "the likes of you" supposed to mean?
Answer to BTW: who did i tell to shut up?
Answer to BTW2: was that meant sarcastically? if not, "Uss" is a pointless estonian word which means "worm", when translated.