Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 07:37 AM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Simon, Cloudy here....I have to agree she could be using the little things as an excuse to talk to you but then again if it's been going on for a long time and she doesn't say "let's have tea tomorrow" or says no to YOUR invitations, she may be using you because you're convenient.

Some women like to have 'just in case' guys around. Someone to do all those things for them but not romance them. Some are just shy and use those things as a means to keep in touch, hoping something will come of it but not able to push it, themselves.

I don't know what your situation is but I sympathise! I'm always around for a chat, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2002, 07:40 AM   #12
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
if it's been going on for a long time and she doesn't say "let's have tea tomorrow" or says no to YOUR invitations, she may be using you because you're convenient.

Some women like to have 'just in case' guys around. Someone to do all those things for them but not romance them.
This is how I believe it is, especially after some questioning last night leads me to believe she is after someone else for romance.

but thanks to everyone here who has expressed their support [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2002, 07:44 AM   #13
TheThing
Banned User

if so, then you are too good for her.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:46 AM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by TheThing:
if so, then you are too good for her.
that's a bit of a blanket statement. So far all of his suspicions are just that - suspicions. She can hardly help her feelings any more than he can

Old 05-01-2002, 07:48 AM   #15
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
that's a bit of a blanket statement. So far all of his suspicions are just that - suspicions. She can hardly help her feelings any more than he can
well, you misunderstood me. she may VERY WELL be a wonderful person. but that doesn't mean anything when Sir Tainly is concerned. he deserves someone that appreciates him, cares about him, would want to be with him, gets how funny he is, how caring he is. see what I mean? and if she is not the person, then she is not good enough for him.

he shouldn't be settling for any less

[ 05-01-2002, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: TheThing ]
Old 05-01-2002, 08:20 AM   #16
Luther
Manshoon

Even though I have absolutely no idea what the overall background to your situation is it seems pretty clear that she is screwing you around due to her own indecisiveness and callousness/indifference concerning your feelings. To hell with that, you don't need it. There are more important concerns in life than inconsiderate, indecisive women anyway.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:10 PM   #17
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

just tell her not to call any more.she seems to be using you and you don't need that.you deserve better.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:30 PM   #18
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Yea, don't put up with it(IMHO)...but I shouldn't be saying that. It's YOUR decision.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:14 PM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Forget about her. Welcome to the single life!! Now you can go drinking with your boys whenever you want, you can just up and decide to go on a road trip, you will save TONS of money by not spending on her... There are a million reasons. Enjoy Bachelordom for awhile, then when you're ready, get back on the dating scene again.

Hope you feel better!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-01-2002, 02:18 PM   #20
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Forget about her. Welcome to the single life!! Now you can go drinking with your boys whenever you want, you can just up and decide to go on a road trip, you will save TONS of money by not spending on her... There are a million reasons. Enjoy Bachelordom for awhile, then when you're ready, get back on the dating scene again.

Hope you feel better!
Exactly, being a bachelor rules... no one to tell you to clean up your mess, no one to tell you what to do..unless you live under your parents roof, but sometimes they will be skeptical and let you be messy. But who knows...BACHELORS RULE!!! road trips do too. I'm to to the LANtrocity© with some buddies of mine and we are gonna kick some ass on counter-strike.