Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 03:00 AM   #11
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Not sure if they made new areas but i think they changed some quest for ladder mode. In ladder mode (online only ) you can find items that you can get anywhere else they made it really hard so it will be a new challenge. They made rewards for quests better they made Item drops better you find more rares now and uniques. They added new rune words chaged some cube formulas added some new ones reinvented the game really. Well i know all diablo fans are as excited as i am so much stuff to look forward to
Old 07-07-2003, 04:34 AM   #12
Jan

"They made rewards for quests better they made Item drops better you find more rares now and uniques."

They really should 'cos:

- Rewards were usually crap
- Item drops were crap
- I hardly found any rare and unique items

Can't say that I'm excited unless the patch has new areas and quests.

[ 07-07-2003, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]
Old 07-07-2003, 06:18 PM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I hope they haven't nerf the skill too much or else I've to start a new character again.

the good things is that I see no more PI monsters.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:25 PM   #14
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
#1 It's been awhile since I've dealt with any gamer/computer geek lingo so please clarify as to what nerfing is? Anything similar to buffing or is it just general alteration? Also what does PI stand for? Pseudo Inteligent? And last but not least (especially because it's a little more on topic) I've been looking about for the Beta patch and I'm only finding the 1.9 patch which I already have.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:40 PM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

nerf = change, alter.
PI = physical immune, PI monster can only be damage by elemental or magical damage.

here is the link for patch 1.10
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/beta/
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #16
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
nerf = change, alter.
...in a bad way. Making something less powerful/useful/whatevar...
Old 07-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #17
Darkman

Nerfing means to change what was once dangerous into something harmless. It comes from the Nerf line of foam-style toys that used to be (still are?) popular.

I for one am not looking forward to this patch at all. Why can't they just fix the long list of current bugs that are still in the game? In my opinion Blizzard has no clue how to balance or alter difficulty without breaking the game. They should concentrate on fixing bugs instead of trying to make Hell difficulty a migrain inducing mess.