Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #11
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rageheart:
I hate those Greater bonewalkers and the Ascended sleepers. They sneak up on you too.
Those bonewalkers are a right bastich. You only ever meet them when you have zero chance of repairing the damage they do, and it usually involves an area you haven't completed or have a long way to get back home. GRrrr!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #12
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I bought the game less than a week ago and have come across all the afore mentioned beasties but the only one that scared me was a creature called Dagor Relad or something (think that was his name) in an abandoned Ashlander outpost. The freak looked like a baby black elephant walking upright with multiple trunks. Sort of comical, but it was the scariest thing my character had come across.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:44 PM   #13
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
The freak looked like a baby black elephant walking upright with multiple trunks.
Yeah there are a few of those. Think they`re trying to rip of Cthulhu? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:09 PM   #14
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
I bought the game less than a week ago and have come across all the afore mentioned beasties but the only one that scared me was a creature called Dagor Relad or something (think that was his name) in an abandoned Ashlander outpost. The freak looked like a baby black elephant walking upright with multiple trunks. Sort of comical, but it was the scariest thing my character had come across.
heheh. Some of the sound effects are really cool, too. I was walking from the Caldera Ebony Mines back to Caldera yesterday and I heard a scraping sound that sounded like rock being moved (like maybe a stone door opening). I never did track down what caused the sound, and I spent the rest of the walk twitching, expecting something to jump out at me.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:32 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hey, all Corprus are scary, but once you find the (SPOILER) Corprus Asylum place, they aren't so bad.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 PM   #16
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
quote:
heheh. Some of the sound effects are really cool, too. I was walking from the Caldera Ebony Mines back to Caldera yesterday and I heard a scraping sound that sounded like rock being moved (like maybe a stone door opening). I never did track down what caused the sound, and I spent the rest of the walk twitching, expecting something to jump out at me.[/QUOTE]damn, you must of had the volume turned up pretty high to hear that sound effect
Old 01-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #17
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn The Wise:
damn, you must of had the volume turned up pretty high to hear that sound effect
Hee hee. I play with a really good pair of headphones now. I only started doing this recently, and I've been hearing a LOT more stuff. I suspect I was missing sounds before because I was trying to be considerate of my roomies and not blast them (the thunder and lightning is particularly annoying to them). What an experience! Wish I'd tried the headphones sooner. I *highly* recommend doing this.

I'm ashamed to admit that I just got a Dell 8250 at Christmas, and I only just found the little hidden flap thingy at the bottom of the system unit that disguises the headphone jack. ROTFL!

[ 01-29-2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #18
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Hey, all Corprus are scary, but once you find the (SPOILER) Corprus Asylum place, they aren't so bad.
Spoiler
LOL. Yes, once you've seen the thing in the prototype wheelchair, nothing is scary anymore!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:00 PM   #19
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Spoiler
LOL. Yes, once you've seen the thing in the prototype wheelchair, nothing is scary anymore!
[/QUOTE]BIG F**KING SPOILER. Thats actually the only living dwarf.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #20
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Spoiler

read his book, it tells you about all the one of a kind weapons and their locations......