Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 02:36 PM   #11
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA (Her concentration is restored)(to Blandamour)
"Yes, let us go, my Lord." (they travel to the Inn of the Shining Spur, the name of which is a mockery, for it is a low dive. They look around and are directed to a hooded figure sitting in the shadows who calls himself Rann. She sits down with him while Blandamour guards her rear.) "Hello, they say you are the one known as Rann. We seek enemies of the one known as Gilbert. Do you number yourself with those?"
RANN "And if I was, would I be shouting about it in a tavern? You are likely spies of this same Gilbert, sent to destroy any that oppose his usurping reign."
GALADRIA "No, we are true. This is Sorsha, who rightfully should be on the throne. We seek to restore her."
RANN (looks closely at the shrinking Sorsha) "By heavens it is! I knew her under another name, but it was wise of her to travel incognito. Princess ! It is I, Planchett, the captain of your father's guard."
Old 02-07-2002, 04:12 PM   #12
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

BLANDAMOUR {He looks surprised and rather suspicious, thinking that the man would be harder to convince than that. He also looks at Sorsha, noting her pleased reaction. Does she, in fact, recognize him?)

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Attalus ]

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Attalus ]

Old 02-07-2002, 06:46 PM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Erm... am I losing track of something here [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Isn't Attalus only roleplaying one character, Blandamour? Or is there another character by the name of Attalus now?

I'm waiting for someone to enlighten me, before I react to that one
Old 02-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #14
mistral4543

OOC>>> Larry, yes, you can run Isaura if you wish... just remember she's nothing like Zahara [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Dalben

Apparently, this newcomer had not noticed his presence. ~ Better yet. I might as well use this to my advantage. ~ So he had observed the group silently, thoughtfully stroking his beard and trying to understand the dynamics of the situation.

Planchett. ~ A tiny smirk tugs at the corner of his lips as he recalls days gone by. He would never have made it that high if Eldrin had not left with Elena... ~ Chuckling softly within ~ Good man, I suppose. But certainly not a match in terms of looks, wits or skill as Eldrin.

But now, his blunder - or apparently so - must be rectified at once. Stepping forward, he hisses ~ "You will do well, Planchett, to lower your voice. Much as you think we're safe, it's better to err on the side of caution!" ~ His eyes flashes warnings that brook no opposition.

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 02-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #15
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOOC>>Oops, sorry, Mistral, he's new at this. He meant Blandamour
Old 02-08-2002, 01:42 PM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>>Whoops. Like the Lady says, sorry.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:58 PM   #17
mistral4543

OOC>>> Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] But there's no need to wait for me to post... I thought you'd carry on anyway

IC>>>Sorsha

She bites her lips after Dalben's last comment, her eyes registering regret ~ How indiscreet I was! ~ Self-directed anger flows in her veins ~ I'm becoming just like Eliza... the thought of being a princess has instilled arrogance with me. ~ A troubling thought.

Not knowing who to turn to, she stands stiffly to the spot, her rosy cheeks paling once again. The azure blue tint of her eyes turns to lighter, frozen one.

Now what's going to happen next?...
Old 02-08-2002, 07:36 PM   #18
Legolas
Jack Burton

"Can you not let me speak to them then? I will be but a few minutes. How long would that be, compared to eternity?"

"You know the consequences if you enter, even for a moment. I am not the protector of this place, I am here to protect you. It is not I who will keep you from returning, but instead the magic beyond this border."

"Yet he can pass through without effort?"

"You are wrong there. It is most taxing, even on one with his powers, and the aid of the Three.
Is it your time yet?"

"You know it is not, as well as I do."
He combed a hand through his hair as he considered his next move.
"Tell them then that I have been here. It saddens me to leave, when I have only just found this place. But no, it is not complete yet."

"And where then will you go? The girl, or the lands?"

"You know the tales about men and elves. I cannot imagine forfeiting my immortallity at this time. Yet I made her a promise, and burdened a friend of mine with it. A messenger bird should put Durlan Gnubber at ease while I take care of this."

"I am glad you chose as you do. We all would like to see you here again, one day."

"Even if I have not entered, some of the tranquility seeps across the border. I will return."

"And we... will be waiting. May the forests open a path for you."

He laughs.
"So far, they always have. Take care, my friend"

Rrang

Torn between his vow and his desire to be away from these people, he paces back and forth until his wolf mind reminds him of the waste of energy it is. Instead, he squats down near the cub and enters a restful state where his body rests while his mind remains alert for any sign of danger. More danger than they were in already, anyway.
He wished they would get this over with so he could return to his family. He hungered to run with them and bring down deer, spilling warm blood all over and tearing meat from bones while all those around him did the same.
Later, his human mind promised. Later.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Legolas ]

Old 02-08-2002, 07:40 PM   #19
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

RANN "Aye, no question that it's her. Listen, then, I'll tell you a name, but you must guard your tongue. There's a cabin on the road betweeen here and Gilbert's nearest fortress. It houses an inn, the Bridge and Bottle. Go there,and mention my name. You'll not be disappointed.
(The party assembles at the stableyard.)
GALADRIA(To Sorsha) "Look, Sorsha, a prize for you. I had the stablehand bring her from home. It's a pony that my father gave me a few years ago. She's too small for me, now, but sheis just right for you. Her name is Sunshine. She's all ready for you." (gives Sorsha a sack of apples) "Just feed her one of these every once in awhile, and she'll love you. Come on, everybody." (Sorsha mounts Sunshine, who proves a friendly and easy-gaited pony indeed. They ride out of the city gate.)

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

Old 02-08-2002, 08:11 PM   #20
mistral4543

OOC>>> Wow! You're really spoiling her, Galadria

IC>>>
Sorsha

She runs her slender fingers through Sunshine's mane, whispering softly ~ "Lovely Sunshine... there's a good friend." ~ With near reluctance she looks up, regarding the change in scenery sadly ~ I've never known a real home. ~ Inhales deeply, trying to curb the wave of self-pity ~ No, Eldrin did his best for me. I must be grateful. ~ Blinking, she holds the reins tighter ~ Yet I really would not mind settling down somewhere safe, never to be seen again...

Suddenly wincing, she tries to shake off the assault of that heartwrenching word ~ Too long now... we are not destined to meet again. ~ Yet the name will not be suppressed. It rings against her ears incessantly, hurling darts at her randomly.

Legolas...
Closed Thread