Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 09:34 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I wept for joy at the end of the movie, because it restored my faith that there are people out there who could still make a movie about Batman and do a good job out of it. Not since Tim Burton have I felt this emotional over a Batman movie.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:42 AM   #12
Jorath Calar
Harper

Anyone else wonder, if they keep making these Batman film and they continue to be so "realistic", will they bring back all the ridiculus villians like the penguin and the mud face guy?
I just hope there will be no penguin... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You know what I really want for Christmas? -- a microwave machine that can heat up water in the sewer without heating up water in the people standing around it.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:33 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You know what I really want for Christmas? -- a microwave machine that can heat up water in the sewer without heating up water in the people standing around it.
Hehe, that did occur to me as well during the train fight scene.

"Wow Watson! They can hustle in the microwaves that are powerful enough to vape water in the sewage nearly a hundred meters below."

I decided to let them off on this one though.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:48 PM   #15
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

<font color=plum>Haven't had a chance to see the new one yet.

My biggest complaint with the previous series was Batman ripping off his mask and revealing his true identity to the female love interest.

<font color=yellow>NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!</font>

Batman would NEVER do that, I don't care if it IS Michelle Pfieffer.

Other than that, I didn't mind the movies until they got into all the wierd gothic/black light scenery of Gotham in Batman and Robin. Gotham may be a supposedly "dark" city, but having flourescent gang members was just a bit TOO garish - even for a "comic book movie".</font>
Old 06-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #16
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum><font color=yellow>NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!</font>

Batman would NEVER do that, I don't care if it IS Michelle Pfieffer.</font>
<font color = lightgreen>Well, since she already knew I suppose it didn't matter. After all, it IS Michelle Pfieffer.... [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Although I normally dislike it when movies play with continuity, I'll forgive them. Movies are for escapism, after all. Besides, they did a good job on this one--for proof I contend that they took a relatively useless villain and made him believable even if not completely scary...of course I haven't had psychoactive chemicals sprayed in my face. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Val Kilmer was a better Batman than George Clooney. Keaton did a reasonably good job, but I would never have cast him. Christian Bale--finally a director managed to land an actor who looks the part. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

On the other hand...how many votes do we have for Bruce Campbell as Batman? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:26 PM   #17
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Easily the best Batman movie, unless you count the one made from the TV show (how can you go wrong with Anti-Shark Bat-Spray?) .

I loved it. I really felt for Bruce when his parents are gunned down. I loved the villian. I do with the fight scenes were done a bit better, but I can live with it.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Saw it last night and loved it. Same comment from my engineer mates on exiting the movie re water in people , and same gripe about the fight scenes being filmed up to close. I wouldn't have minded if they had filmed up to 75% in close like that - what I missed was at least a quarter of the shots being pull back ones that would have given more perspective on the fights. I am happy with the product though, and give it 8 or 9 out of 10. Best batman movie and Bruce Wayne and by a large margin.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:37 PM   #19
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum><font color=yellow>NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!</font>

Batman would NEVER do that, I don't care if it IS Michelle Pfieffer.</font>
<font color = lightgreen>Well, since she already knew I suppose it didn't matter. After all, it IS Michelle Pfieffer.... [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] On the other hand...how many votes do we have for Bruce Campbell as Batman? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] </font> </font>[/QUOTE]*Sigh* I would take off my mask for michelle pfieffer

...heh, campbell as batman, I would watch that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 11:44 PM   #20
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Saw it last night and loved it. Same comment from my engineer mates on exiting the movie re water in people , and same gripe about the fight scenes being filmed up to close. I wouldn't have minded if they had filmed up to 75% in close like that - what I missed was at least a quarter of the shots being pull back ones that would have given more perspective on the fights. I am happy with the product though, and give it 8 or 9 out of 10. Best batman movie and Bruce Wayne and by a large margin.
I'm going to see this tommorrow, most likely. Worth the $20 or so to get in then, with a 8 or 9/10 rating?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote