Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 05:45 AM   #11
GokuZool
Lord Ao

My favourite anime of all time is:

(drum roll)

The Castle of Cagliostro.

GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:22 PM   #12
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I've seen a *pile* of anime in the past year or so. Some of my favs:

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell, and GitS:SAC
Akira
Full Metal Panic, and FMP:fumoffu
Last Exile
Initial D
Noir
Trigun
Seikai No Senki (Battleflag of the Stars)
NGE
Raxephon
Argento Soma
Armitage
Serial Experiments Lain
Outlaw Star
Macross Plus
Gunparade March
Old 02-01-2004, 11:25 PM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im an anime lover myself.. i watched the usual favorites but have you guys watched :
GTO and Knock out? ive wathced knock out which was really good (anime drawing a little oldie though). GTO i heard is really funny and getting very popular in the philippines

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:46 AM   #14
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
im an anime lover myself.. i watched the usual favorites but have you guys watched :
GTO and Knock out? ive wathced knock out which was really good (anime drawing a little oldie though). GTO i heard is really funny and getting very popular in the philippines
GTO (own eight of the series) is very funny and I recommend it but I also throw in Ping Pong Club (The dubbed version is a lot more dirty than the Japanese, but funny as hell). Have not heard of Knock Out but will definetly look into it.

Just my 2
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #15
Link
Jack Burton

Not that much into anime but a friend of mine is and I recently watched some of his movies. Princess Mononoke and Cowboy Bebop were just great (the Cowboy Bebop movie was "Knocking on heaven's door"). I was really impressed as I've seen some bad anime as well (that's why I wasn't into it)
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #16
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Not that much into anime but a friend of mine is and I recently watched some of his movies. Princess Mononoke and Cowboy Bebop were just great (the Cowboy Bebop movie was "Knocking on heaven's door"). I was really impressed as I've seen some bad anime as well (that's why I wasn't into it)
Wow yeah, the Cowboy Bebop move and Mononoke-Hime were very good movies!

Tell us all about your experiences with Anime - As almost all Anime is great, I can't imagine what you saw and didn't like [img]tongue.gif[/img] . If you are talking about Pokemon or Digimon or the like, then don't consider them as Anime - They are sort of misguiders that want to drive you away from what's really good(that being Anime obviously [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). I can also understand if you're not into Dragon Ball Z, as it differs from other Anime(though I still liked it alot).

Interest in Anime can be grown by watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun(You might have to force yourself through the first few episodes with the latter one though. But once you get through that, it gets very interesting). If you want to see something Romantic Comedy, which is far superior to American TV Shows that share the same goal, then I suggest you watch Ranma 1/2. Ranma 1/2 was what really started my craze for Anime!
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:03 AM   #17
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

btw, for a good "BOY's BE" like for manga try I'S its a good one.. a little r18 though. but its really funny .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #18
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
I've seen a *pile* of anime in the past year or so. Some of my favs:
Trigun
What were your thoughts on Trigun. I thought it was nothing compared to Cowboy Bebop. But it still featured a *very* cool, certain cross shaped, weapon.....
Old 02-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #19
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I loved Trigun...even the beginning didn't put me off, it was hilarious...I have yet to see Bepop, but I was spoiled by my friends, so I'm really, REALLY annoyed, though they don't know it...

Princess Mononoke is also great, as is Onegai Teacher...Oh! My Goddess is also great (I love the romance ones) and I want to see Onegai Twins. MD Geist is...odd, and gruesome, and Eva, well, just plain confusing [img]tongue.gif[/img] . .hack//SIGN I find too boring and slow...just not my thing...Macross Plus was a decent viewing and Hellsing was good (only seen 3 eps).
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:38 PM   #20
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

I agree with the statements above, although you should watch all of Cowboy Bebop as quickly as possible.