Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 07:06 AM   #11
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar:
i wasted a whole quiver on drizzt and non got through. I had some frost arrows but only 1/20 actually hit him...

faceman, you must have reloaded many times to have accomplished that because drizzt's armour class is so low even a backstab will miss more often than not.

not to be skeptical... but i'd like to see a screen shot of you standing around his corpse [img]smile.gif[/img]
You can read up on my exploits in my solo monk story. I did not have to reload since the tactic is an infinite loop. You don't need to hit him every time. The only problem are Critical Misses in which case Drizzt will be able to strike back immediately before you can run away. In that case you have to gulp some potions to get back to full health before you continue, but it IS a surefire way.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #12
Xan the Enchanter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did it but I forget how. ^^;

It had something to do with luring him out towards a lake and attacking him with a volley of arrows when erm. . .his pathfinding went wonky. .
Old 12-29-2004, 08:46 PM   #13
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

few arrows can hit

i did it this morning. I didn't save it ofcoarse, i am not worthy of that XP for killing him [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i used gatekeeper just to test it out, i boosted by strength to 25 and dexterity to 25, and THACO to 0. Hit him every time and made him into nothing, though without cheating it is not possible (that is if you consider dirty tactics cheating as i do)
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #14
Taran
Manshoon

1 man hasted, 5 others with arrows

lots of running, lots of shooting

thats how you kill drizzt
Old 01-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #15
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i dont care what you call me, i did it, with all my players using missiles, mage continuously casting summon monstors with spells and wands, eventually you will hit him. admittadly i survived with my pc because he was the mage and he was the furthest away, minsc also survived with hardly any hp, call me a liar if you want i dont care
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
They wont consider you a liar, Timothy, they just consider you cheesey! This is a cheese tactic that's been mentioned several times. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #17
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

it aint cheesy, its smart, booting people from oyur party and killing him that way is cheesy
Old 01-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's cheesy because anyone with half a brain (which is at least as much as Drizzt is reputed to have) would be smart enough to attack the Mage, not the creatures summoned by the Mage. Now, this would not be a cheesy tactic against Skeletons or Golems, because they're all as dumb as a post. But an intelligent creature is smart enough to recognize the real target....or run all the way around a pond, for that matter.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #19
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Timothy, if your fight took place in Salvatore's novels, then Drizzt would fling a few daggers into your mage, dive into a forward roll past the flailing mass of summoned creatures, shred Minsc with hardly a thought along with any other tanks, then end the life of your entire remaining party. Being an intelligent warrior, he would probably evade the summoned monsters, knowing that they would dissappear before long.

Oh, and he wouldn't be alone. He may just fight the summoned monsters, knowing that Cattie-Brie will plug your mage full of arrows from her hiding spot
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:26 AM   #20
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

funny enough it wasn't in the novels, it was in BG1. no drizzt count attack the mage because he was packed in by summoned monsters, so it aint cheese