Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 10:50 PM   #11
andora20
Manshoon

Wellcome to the forum Sgok. My first contact with them was at the burnt out house where scanthril lives. It was night so I didn't know what had hit me until I met them face 2 face at Shurgeon Castle
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Easiest way to fight these buggers is to trap 'em in the trees. Just west of the burned-out house, there's a tiny passageway through the trees. The mantraps spawn just west of there.

Walk through that passage until you see them, then run back through the passage to the roadway. They'll try to follow you, but won't be able to make it through the trees. Now lambast them with spells, especially Fire spells (they're plants, after all!) After that, you should be able to travel to the castle with impunity.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #13
Bladud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

These wonderful plants became quite a problem when they did have me trapped in the town. Ultimately I had to chose to lose a couple of characters to get by them and then run toward the castle and let them follow me. Then I flame dropped and all other fire spelled them. My poor characters hobbled back and gain 3 levels (they had all just changed class). Fire spells work the best though. Lightning isn't too bad either.
Bladud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 10:25 PM   #14
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

They once had me trapped at the town. You can climb the city gates. Make sure your view distance is set to the max. You can target anything you can see, regardless of how far. You will see them well before you are in their range. Flamedrop keeps them from moving and then you can blast them with Firestorm and Meteorstorm. There are only four of them.
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 05:25 AM   #15
SaladinX
Welcomed New User

hek... the mantraps solo are nothing.. i play the game with my solo monk and all i have to do is get them solo.. which just takes a bit of time...
and they hit me with there one thing.. but once i get up close to them.. even gag'd.. i hit it so much that it cant counter back.. and the whole battle its stun'd...
so far ive gone threw the whole game with just my monk. and its alot easier then having a whole party..
i beat the naga with no trouble at all. never hit me.. didnt use the special potion either.
monks RULE... there speed is to much for any monster ive come across to overcome.
so im sure.. if you have a very good warrior of some sort... if you can get them solo just take your warrior out there solo and take em on 1on1.. no stupid delay's waiting on your party.
and btw the settings are all on the hardest they can be...
oh and this was before i went threw serpent temple that i killed the mantraps.. now im a couple levels higher with 4 higher strength and higher kungfu and other skills.
Bless and heroic strength are awesome spells for fighters
SaladinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:25 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

1. When you get a message from your scout or when you spot them then try to retreat a bit and cast Merlin's Shield to all your party members - the spell transforms the Mantraps into helpless and ridiculous jesters. After casting the spell, simply go and remove the plants from Gael Serran.
2. High resistance to poison helps. It lowers the damage considerably and it seems to eliminate the paralysis transmitted by the Mantraps. With high resistance to poison, you can survive with honor even without the Merlin's Shield spell. Fighting 2 Mantraps should cost you about 50 HP.
3. The best way of getting rid of the Mantraps are the Firestorm, Icestorm or Meterorstorm spells. Nevertheless, you do not need them. I have fought 2 Mantraps with a solo character wielding a Katana +1 and not having the Merlin's Shield spell - and I survived without "run-like-hell" around.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote