Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 11:10 AM   #11
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi everyone,

1st: the patch DOESN'T prevent Murphy from coming back (after all, he's Immortal)

2nd: to get a Murphy back, don't go to Kerah, just go to the fountain that give you back your mama (top of stairwell coming out of the Kerah status room), drink the fountain and head back down... Murphy should be there waiting for you (he's always waiting for me)

3rd: I find that the most effective spell against him is Shock... it's not as powerfull as Zap or Elemental Blast but atleast, you only waste a bit of mana points if Murphy doesn't get damaged.

Have fun.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for clearing up that mystery, Ryanamur! Glad to know the patch doesn't spoil Rumphy. Andora, you may want to try it again and see if it works.

However, why go all the way back to the fountain since you have to pass Kerah anyway? Also...according to Knarfling, he respawns if you get far enough away from him. I'm going to try it going out of the Masoleum area, then going back in later on and see if it works.

Shock is also a good one. Almost all stone spells work against Rumphy. Later on, Pain is a no-miss as well. (Pain is one of my favorite damage spells in the whole game, since it can be cast in any medium, including underwater.) A benefit of shock: the recovery time after casting is minimal, so you can get several shock spells.

Best strategy: Enter the summoning circle, wait for Rumphy to respawn, then retreat out of his range. Have your wizard/warlock/whathaveyou bombard him with shock spells. If you're out of attack range, you won't be in turn-based mode, and for some reason, Rumphy is constrained to his circle o'candles, so he's one of the few monsters that won't track you like a SCUD.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 02:38 PM   #13
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

You're right Saz, all you need to do is leave the Masoleum area. I like to go back upstairs and recharge my Wizard (when low level) before I go back in. It goes by distance (ie out of area) and not by time. I always go around running like crazy and Rumphy is always there, eternally waiting for me to wack him dead.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 03:15 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh ho ho, I see! You run down your mana and then run back and recharge it all! Very clever. Wish they had put that fountain a bit closer...oh well!

Good tip!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote