Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #11
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I saw it in a store and wanted to buy it but it was to expencive 42.99 So I waited for the price to drop and bought it.

------------------
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 05:28 PM   #12
dlimbaugh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd been following it on vqarious Games news sitez, because it was from D. B. Bradly. When it finally came out, I went and bought a copy at Best Buy.
dlimbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 02:58 PM   #13
Serath
Manshoon

I was browsing through the store shelves as well when I came upon it. Glad I did too.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 04:13 PM   #14
jsalsb
Elminster

Was on my regular trek to see if Wiz8 was around yet. Saw W&W, saw that it was by DWB, bought it in a second, loved it ever since.

------------------
JonII
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 06:26 PM   #15
Balgin
Elminster

Well, one thing that I didn't like about IWD was the portraits. I prefered the BG/BG2 head and shoulder ones and started trawling the net (yes, I do mean trawling, I now have a 27mb portraits folder!!!!!) for pictures that I might like. During my search I came across The Ironworks website where I was not only pleased with the quality of the portraits section but bombarded on every page with an advert for some new game called Wizard's and Warriors. Eventually all the advertising had it's effect on me and I decided to see what all the fuss was about. A few weeks later I was a proud owner of "a better version of the Might and Magic games". That's about it.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 07:53 PM   #16
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Like catzenpewters I always search the Web for 1st person CRPGs. So I found W&Ws in November by reading reviews on line. I told my son that's what he could get me for Christmas. Then I spent all of December lurking here to see what I could learn about the game.... One of the best Christmas presents I ever received!

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 08:33 PM   #17
andora20
Manshoon

I read a reveiw on instantly fell in love....

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:06 PM   #18
Max
Dungeon Master

I "ahem" found it on a warez site. Ye ye I know bad boy. But if I had never found it there I would have never found it at all. I have been looking in the stores for a copy to buy. But to this day I have never seen a real life copy of the game. Maybe it never made it to Canada, but I have seen the book of miss-information for sale. So maybe its had its time here and no stores are stocking it any more. Don't ask me why this is. But I know it was damn hard work starting this game with nothing but the basic game itself no crypt walkthrough or anything not even any music. I would so dearly like to hear the music that people say becomes anoying. Maybe one day I will see a copy hidden away in the back of some store.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 11:34 PM   #19
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I found it just in March. My dad wanted to buy me a computer game for my birthday (I'm a glutton for games ) and I had just recently gotten into Wizardry again. I had just recently beaten Wiz 1 & 2 and was looking for the Wizardry archives in particular. Unfortuneatly, Best Buy wasn't selling it so I was looking for any good RPG. I looked about, at Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Might and Magic 7 (I think that was the number), Diablo 2, and all the others out there. I had read something about W&W at a Wizardry site and when I saw W&W at the store I took a look at it. I was startled by how much it resembled the old Wizardry games and decided to get it. I've been happy I made that decision ever since .

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 11:37 PM   #20
Pangur Ban

First saw it as a demo trailer on another game. Funny though, back then the game was going to be called "Swords and Sorcery". Must have run into copyright problems with the very old role playing game of that name, forcing a name change.
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote