Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2001, 07:28 PM   #11
Lord Roberts

Surrey, B.C. Canada
Old 02-09-2001, 08:20 PM   #12
maxpower

Vancouver, B.C. Canada (formerly England...a B.C resident for 10 months now)
Old 02-09-2001, 10:00 PM   #13
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My first big problem was trying to get OFF the horse! After solving that one getting off the raft was easy . Probably my biggest obstacle besides the mantraps was swimming upstream in the Dragon Spire. I needed a nap after that ordeal!
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 10:01 PM   #14
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My first big problem was trying to get OFF the horse! After solving that one getting off the raft was easy . Probably my biggest obstacle besides the mantraps was swimming upstream in the Dragon Spire. I needed a nap after that ordeal!
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 10:18 PM   #15
Connla

I lost count of how many times I drownd attempting to flip that lever on the other side of the metal grate in the pool in the crypt!! AAhhh just out of reach!!

And in the library in the serpent temple, placed all the monkey idols and the snake idol, the room started to shake, what is happening?? walk around to investigate then all of a sudden there is screaming and pain and bloodshed!! Where is this invisible killer!! the entire party was standing under that floor elevator and it was on its way down, right on top of their heads! Oh dear death, my companion.

And those ladders, the entire party have anxiety attacks each time they need to descend Aaahhh splat.
Old 02-09-2001, 10:22 PM   #16
Zaerg

My first real problem with the game that led to looking for outside help was... the Snake Head lift in the Temple. I would walk in, hit the lever and take crushing damage, find myself on a ledge at the side of the room with the lift down at the bottom... I would jump in the hole and get stuck at the bottom. Everyone had a different solution, but when I looked at one of Rick Volberding's guides it said to jump to avoid the crushing damage, so wth.. I tried it and that dropped me in the pre-naga room

I found this forum from a link on that site, it's nice to see such an active one.

Zaerg
(Port Moody BC, Canada)
Old 02-10-2001, 01:40 AM   #17
Skie

I guess my first real problem was the storage room in the serpent temple, it took me 20 coins before Ive opened one , very stupid huh!=). And then there those mantraps coupled with those ratlings that made me restart the game all over again.Then there's the boogres caves exit those jumping exercises but with this wonderful forum i guess Wizards and Warrior's Puzzles are a thing of the past,no?

Skie
By the way Im from Manila, Philippines.
Old 02-10-2001, 09:25 AM   #18
Moni

For me it was knowing NOTHING about the existence of the Asylum, still not having a clue as to how to open the door Kerah guarded in the crypt (even though I had the necklace) and trying to do the toad quest thinking I was "on my way" through the game!
The toad blocking my path in the water got to see the sharp end of my sword when nothing could get him out of my way and this seemed to have a very bad effect of the rest of the toad's attitudes toward me!
Running through the tunnels, listening to warnings that Warm skins are bad, getting lost while trying to find Shinwiki had me pretty stressed out. I had taken out most of the toads before I found him.
Knowing Shinwiki was wise and good, I ran up to him yelling "Ukabu!" in my defense, thinking things would change.
Nope! Shinwiki started throwing spells at us!
"Ukabu!"
"Ukabu!"
It ain't working!
Finally in an effort to just remain alive, we killed Shinwiki.
Knowing there were toads left alive out there who would surely kill us before we ever got away, we turned to run and spotted the door on the floor.
An escape route!
The party is fairly low-level and almost dead at this point. Desperate, they click on the door only to have it pop open in their faces.
"WHAM!"
You whole party has been taken out!
&%*#(%$ Crush Damage!
Well needless to say, I crawled here and asked for help and was given the biggest clue that had been in my face all along..."Check the online help file for a walkthrough to the crypt!"
: )
Moni

I still had to off that toad later but by the time we were level 6 or 7, no one cared. (whew!)
Old 02-10-2001, 05:05 PM   #19
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First problem: the darn toad blocking the tunnel. Had to ask the publisher for help on that one (didn't know about this board, then). After that, the ********* mantraps. Lucky for me, I've learned to save often.
Continuing problem: the interface. There HAS to be a better way. I never had these problems with Wiz and M&M.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 05:56 PM   #20
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jan - In answer to your question I am from Los Angeles CA.

First problem - arming myself. Yeesh.

Recurrent problem - itchy trigger finger that has killed Scanthril, most of the Toads, and about a dozen roaches... what can I say they startle me and I kill them. I didn't think I was high-strung until then.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote