Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2001, 05:05 AM   #11
adam mage

it's great!
here are my suggestions/opinions....
you should change the cursor into a sword, a dragon, a wand, a merlin's hat, etc....
had to do it with my Comet Cursor to match the theme....
the screensaver is....all right... needs more monsters.... moving ones that is...
Old 01-17-2001, 06:29 AM   #12
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have Windows ME. Will your theme work with this? Thanks.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 10:41 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Adam Mage,

Very good suggestions! I was going to work on a cursor set, but time crunched me. I may still yet do an "add-on" pack for that; it would be by next weekend if so. Or, if you're interested, you could create one. I like your ideas on that. I'd also like to develop a better screensaver, definitely with animation.

Avalon: I think it should work, although it may not have all the "bells and whistles" that a Windows Me theme could do. I don't think it would work on Win95, although it may.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 11:53 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

--back to the top...

The forum seems a bit empty tonight!

-Saz
Old 01-18-2001, 08:21 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Saz,

Sacbban - YES YES YES yes yes - - absolutely love it. Unfortunately I am not far away from giving up and formating my hard drive, the GeForce 3D card that I finally installed won't play ball at all. Things were going swimmingly (had a good run about in WW) until installing the GLsetup program to try and get Alice to fire up. No Alice, WW very buggy, uninstalled GLsetup and now the monitor likes to be calirated in complete black, uninstall Coulorific to see monitor, and WW is complete lock-up (sigh). Currently copying everything I want across to CDROM. Will copy your theme across - winzip wouldn't install direct either (so many uninstalls and re-installs have not been good for the system)- had to do all the work myself - think I have most of it worked out, will try to get this screensaver to run before giong to bed.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 09:53 AM   #16
adam mage

working on a few right now and found a few...... and will post them soon
Old 01-21-2001, 12:12 AM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Strider,

Okay, that may be a problem with a Win 98 to Win Me translation between the theme, since that hasn't happened with any of the Win 98 installs yet (that I've heard). If you'd like, I'll e-mail you the .ico file for the My Computer icon so you can put it in the proper directory and get it to work. In fact, I'll go on and do that right now for you. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you enjoy the theme!

-Sazerac
Old 01-21-2001, 05:36 AM   #18
Strider
Welcomed New User

Hi Sazerac, just tried your wizwar theme on WinMe. Looks good but unzipping the files to my plus/theme folder didn't work. WinMe didn't find them. I noticed in the preview it was looking for them in a desktop/wwtheme folder so moved them there and worked fine except for 1 icon and 1 sound. The My Computer icon showed up as just a circle with "MC" printed in it for some reason, not what it looked like in preview. The sound for critical stop was listed as gareth.wav but the pointer was to a differant folder, WWspeach I think so it wasn't found in the wwtheme folder. Other then that it looked nice, good work. I exspecially liked that Yess Yess Yess..

§
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 02:17 PM   #19
Moni

I had to manually apply the icon to the "My Documents" folder on the desktop but it was such a little thing I did not think of mentioning it then.
: )
Moni
Old 01-21-2001, 10:00 PM   #20
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Sazerac for a great job. I downloaded your theme, looks great, got the screen saver working, but then it threw me out.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote