Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #11
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
IF it was being made, what do you think the plot would be centered on?
I'd say it would be about some God attacking the big tree b/c it has a whole bunch of power that we don't know about, and Silvanus can't do anything b/c he's busy with something else and YOU have to save the day

'nough said [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #12
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I would say that it would involve your PC finally chopping down that big tree to make a Mansion to live in

Or just hordes of monsters attacking.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 AM   #13
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:

Or just hordes of monsters attacking.
oh, thats original...only the same plot as in the 4 other releases of IWD(IWD, HoW, TotL & IWD2)

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #14
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Rest assured Raistlin I do read all what is said but you must admit thhe situations where you get major interaction and an insight into the game are not as common as say in BG. I do enjoy the aspect of working out what the hell is going on in these games but the game is very straight forward in the sense that there are no sidetracks or extra areas to explore.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #15
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

ToTL snd HoW?
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-01-2004, 07:31 AM   #16
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by General Nosaj:
Rest assured Raistlin I do read all what is said but you must admit thhe situations where you get major interaction and an insight into the game are not as common as say in BG. I do enjoy the aspect of working out what the hell is going on in these games but the game is very straight forward in the sense that there are no sidetracks or extra areas to explore.
and thats what I was saying, isnt it . If you re-read my post, you will notice that I wasnt saying you dont read the dialogue, I was just saying that IWD was made in a way that you speech doesnt have any effect on the story line, save for possible exp. and gold. BG2 has more into dialogue, but Torment has the most. BI just made the games for different tastes, but all are well made and good games IMO.

To Jerr:

TotL = Trials of the Luremaster(second official expansion, if im not mistaken)
HoW = Heart of Winter(first official expansion)

Old 05-01-2004, 05:59 PM   #17
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I never got to play either.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #18
Raistlin Majere
Ra

neither have, to tell you the truth...ive just heard of them