Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 10:17 AM   #11
DraconisRex

Sounds like you have your 2E tactics down. Too bad this is 3E. You're going to find that many things are different enough that the tried-and-true techniques you espouse are not going to be quite as effective.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:12 PM   #12
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

im sure ill rise to the challenge. i see lots of new spells and spell combo's to mess with [img]smile.gif[/img]

do ya reckon anyone would be interested in me making a "increased difficulty" mod for IWD2? 3x HP and 2x exp is what i usually do.
harder, but not as insane as heart of fury
Old 09-30-2002, 04:47 AM   #13
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by DraconisRex:
Sounds like you have your 2E tactics down. Too bad this is 3E. You're going to find that many things are different enough that the tried-and-true techniques you espouse are not going to be quite as effective.
Ah, the sweet sound of condescension. Most of my 2E tactics seem to be working fine; and when they don't...well...Momento Mori, baby.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:11 PM   #14
myungbass
Manshoon

ipersonally used to hate using summon spells but i found that its IS quite rewarding to see the critters take all that damage and leave theenemy set up for the kill
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 07:24 PM   #15
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

hehehe. sweet condescension.
i just use the tactic adapt or die.
things were quite different i found moving from baldurs gate to IWD1. lots more combat, more difficult combat, summoning limit etc.
things got tough, my party got klobbered a fair bit and out of the ruckus came new tactics to suit.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:29 PM   #16
espeed
Dungeon Master

My tactics are two simply scout out the area with my rogue and then take my sorcerer in and nail the suckers with an area effect spell, run back and plop a summoned beats in front of group to take first line of attack, nail their spell casters with sleep spells and rain fire on their tanks, by the time the summoned monster is shot there aint much left to clean up.
espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #17
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

i like the idea of being able to pick any old class.
might be interesting to have some variations of the traditional
Fighter/Mage/Thief or Fighter/Mage/Cleric.

im thinkin
Paladin/Mage/Thief?
Ranger/Mage/Thief?
Paladin/Sorceror/Druid?
Ramger/Mage/Cleric?

hmmmm
all i need now is time to play it.