Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Xero279:
Once the portrait is gone doesnt mean they are perm gone... the portrait goes away when a npc is imprisoned or petrified, and you can fix both of those statuses.

However, as Annatar said, dying a chuncky death is perm, without cheating. I would just reload and do it again, as using CLUA is cheeting
If they're Imprisoned or Petrified they're not technically dead if they can be brought back. I've been hit with a breath weapon that kills your character taking away their portrait, but their body was still intact. (meaning a chunky death is not the only perm. death)
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #12
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

A character will permanently die whenever he takes far more damage than he currently can sustain. I was previously under the impression that taking damage equal to, or higher than twice your remaining life would permanently kill you, but in my experience, it takes far less than that.

Anyway, it doesn't matter in the slightest what sort of damage you take, so a Horrid Wilting could permanently kill you just as well as a hit from an arrow.

[ 04-12-2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-12-2003, 03:56 PM   #13
Seraph
Quintesson

I belive the way it works is that when a character is reduced to 0 to -9 (inclusive) hitpoits they die, but if they are reduced to -10 or lower, they are turned into chunky salsa.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #14
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I think the character he is talking about is Aerie, he mentioned something about her dying in the ToB forum.

hehehe
Old 04-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #15
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you have a save game then reload and fight that battle again because if you think that this fight was tough then you need the practice. It sounds like you need to work on your strategies and there is nothing wrong with a reload.
If you had just reloaded in the first place you would be way beyond this point by now. This time get the jump on them and attack first, don't give the bad guys a chance just kick their A~~! Then get on with your game! Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #16
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
I belive the way it works is that when a character is reduced to 0 to -9 (inclusive) hitpoits they die, but if they are reduced to -10 or lower, they are turned into chunky salsa.
N/PC's only die a chunky death from a critical hit, sometimes not even that works.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:41 PM   #17
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
I can confirm that Seraph is correct. The attack does not need to be a critical hit.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:44 PM   #18
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
Quote:
I can confirm that Seraph is correct. The attack does not need to be a critical hit.[/QUOTE]Well, I guess I'm quite lucky then [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[EDIT]I didn't say all critical hits cause chunky deaths [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/EDIT]

[ 04-12-2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 04-13-2003, 06:28 AM   #19
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Instant death also ends up with a chunky death (Vorpal hit), I tested this with the use of IEEP and the test version of Sorta... nice pieces of chunky people lying all over the floor of the den of seven vales [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

IIRC, the Vorpal blade uses the same parameter (8) when it comes to death effect. 8 is ''chunky'' death.

Blunt weapons cause chunky death to, think of it.

''Dwarf smashes his big freaking hellraiser hammer against elves head''

''Splashh!!.... ''head and upper chest are torn from his body'' Elf drops death''

Same effect as chunkyniss... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 09:13 PM   #20
super_smasher3
Dungeon Master

If you really want to roleplay or just don't want to do the battle over again you could just keep playing and get a new NPC.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever belives in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
super_smasher3 is offline   Reply With Quote