Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2002, 01:13 PM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
The Decanter can be used to gain an extra partymember.....

I only used him the first time I played through the game though, in my opinion any of the others are better.
This member would be Ignus if memory serves me correctly... or it's Vhailor.. but I think more of Ignus that is why Galadria needs the flask thingee... hmmm
Old 04-06-2002, 04:27 PM   #12
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yes, Bahamut, it is Ignis. I haven't even heard of Vhailor. The one that I really want is Falls-From-Grace. What a great name!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-07-2002, 07:40 AM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Yes, Bahamut, it is Ignis. I haven't even heard of Vhailor. The one that I really want is Falls-From-Grace. What a great name!
Yes, that is the succubus I was referring to. She can make for a really good team mate if used properly. She kept getting killed too much for my tastes though. I preferred going it alone in a lot of situations, because if I died, I would just wake back up. Ignus died a lot too. I liked Morte, Dakkon, and Annah best though. They tended to survive longer and didn't have a lot of personality conflicts. Mainly had my character as a mage. A lot of the spells had cool animations.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:08 AM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Dakkon and Fall-From-Grace are who I consider to be the two strongest NPC's in the game. The funniest would have to be Nordom and Morte. The coolest would have to be Annah and Vhailor.

Ignus is probably the lousiest NPC in the game....
Old 04-07-2002, 08:16 AM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Dakkon and Fall-From-Grace are who I consider to be the two strongest NPC's in the game. The funniest would have to be Nordom and Morte. The coolest would have to be Annah and Vhailor.

Ignus is probably the lousiest NPC in the game....
I'm not sure how you found Fall-From-Grace as 1 of the 2 strongest NPC's when you have Vhailor. Vhailor is like a tank. He just plows in there and mops up. In the beginning, Morte was pretty tough too, but I'll have to concede Dakkon as kick booty in the latter parts of the game. Once he gains levels and you work with him, he gets some really cool AC changes and skillsets. That blade of his is pretty wicked.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:54 AM   #16
Neb

Well, partially because Vhailor is a bit of a danger to certain party combinations.... And FFG can cast some QUITE lethal spells later on. She's also the only healer that you can acquire.

Dakkon is mightier than Vhailor if you give him a few items and tattoos, plus teach him some strong spells. Morte isn't worth much later on, nor too early in the game, he rules the midgame though. With his skull summoning ability and some decent teeth.

For pure roleplaying and party interaction value I usually have a party of:

Me, Morte, Dakkon, Annah, FFG and Nordom.

Ignus gets QUITE tiring to talk with after a while, all he can do is talk about flames and burning and so on..... Though if you're a mage he can teach you about three or four spells in exchange for some useless items and lowering your Max HP.

Nordom is actually a pretty strong character too if you have the necessary Int/Wis to talk him stronger. In fact, it's possible to talk quite a few characters stronger if you have the necessary Int/Wis/Cha, at least Morte, Nordom and Dakkon can be talked stronger.

Don't think you can do it with Annah or FFG, nor with Ignus. Never tried with Vhailor either, though talking with him can achieve some.... Other, results....
Old 04-07-2002, 09:21 AM   #17
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Alas, my Char is high Str/Char. I'll work on the Int/Wis and I haven't found Vhaillor or Nordom. I think that I'm close to Fall-From-Grace, as I am in Under Sigil, and fighting those darned Larvae.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #18
Neb

Under-Sigil is a purely optional area to which no quests are tied. FFG is in the Clerk's Ward, in the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts.

You'll have to complete a few tasks for her first though, before you can recruit her.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:08 AM   #19
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Where in the Clerk's Ward, Nebby? I though I had gone through all of that. Under-Sigil is a real experience fountain, though. Those darn Larvae are like 9000 XP each. I've leveled Nameless, Dak'Kon, and Annah already.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:31 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well if I were you, sice Ignus is quite unstable, get him to teach you stuff then dump him.. after that he will be back.. hehehe Fall-From-Grace is one of the best chars in the game IMO. I like waay better than Annah, well I didn't like thieves to start with anyway...