Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 03:50 PM   #11
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis:
My paladins are holy redeeming, squeaky clean, Lawful Good guys and would want nothing to do with a vampiric sword, but I do look forward to getting that for the evil party I'm about to start a new game with! I've never used it before.

And you'll never use it again, either.

I personally dislike this easter egg. The things like the Ring of Wizardry at the Friendly arm have at least SOME chance of accidentally being discovered, but not this. What player in his/her right mind is going to steal the Ancient Armor (thus dooming a band of noble warriors to a hideous undeath for all eternity) and give the armor to Ulcaster, just to see if he will give you a sword for it? The only way this easter egg could have gotten out is if someone used Infinity Explorer to hack into the game and find it, and it's not even that good of an easter egg.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:48 PM   #12
The Dark

Who'd want it?

The Vampires Revenge
It would seem that the very speculation of this weapon's existence has conspired to pull it from the realm of fantasy and into the everyday, thought, as with all things that come from dreams, it is not as it truly seems. The blade is indeed vampiric, as the name would suggest; though not in the manner the finder might have hoped. It is rumored that the blade, instead of performing as one might think a vampiric blade would, was actually constructed by vampires as a trap for those that could eventually oppose them. These incredibly clever fiends have apparently fashioned numerous versions of these unfortunate blades over time, and they are the bane of all right-thinking adventurers. Each swing actually inflicts damage upon the wielder, as his life energies are drained in order to heal his intended victim. Were this not enough, the weapon is cursed so as to prevent it's removal, and the user is smitten with a wasting of the mind, that he might not even think of trying to rid himself of it. This may be among the few magical treasures that are simply not worth the trouble of seeking, and one might better spend ones time having a lovely beverage, rather than gallivanting about the wilderness with a pack full of rubbish chasing phantoms.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 +1
THACO: +1 bonus
Special: Inflicts damage upon the wielder and heals the target.
Special: Affects intelligence in a negative manner...I think...duhhhhhh
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Large Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
The Lucky Ones
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Old 01-03-2002, 07:53 PM   #13
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah, I read about it later in a wakthrough. I never even knew about this sword until this thread (Actually I had skipped the Nibs quest oin my MP game and with MP groups no one had interest in the sword, it was never even mentioned.) Someone on another forum had stated it was one of the best swords in the game, lol.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:57 PM   #14
The Dark

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis:
Someone on another forum had stated it was one of the best swords in the game, lol.

LOL, yeah, providing you're getting whacked by it.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:00 PM   #15
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Actually there is a use for the vampiric sword: If you have someone regenerating, like Kagain for instance, you can have him wield the sword and attack your party members to heal them if they are hurt. This way you won't need healing spells and/or potions, only some remove curses for Kagain. I mostly did it just before travelling to new areas, to ensure that Kagain was also fully healed again after we had our journey.

Oh and by the way: Hails to everyone here [img]smile.gif[/img] This is my first post and I hope I will like it here.

Iluvatar
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote