Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 06:31 PM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
And when you remove it, Kazaa that is, download Ad Aware (free trial) to get rid of all those pesky spywares!
It actually won't run without Cydoor installed (i think it's Cydoor, could be Gator though. There's one piece of spyware that if deleted, stop's Kazaa from running) I understand there's a version called Kazaa Lite witout the spyware. You could also just set your firewall to not let that traffic pass. You are running a firewall, right?
Old 07-06-2002, 06:36 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

It´s Cydoor! But "luckily" you get Gain at the same time. And yes I´m running a firewall, two actually... Gain startes messing with my comp so Kazaa went down the drain. Nut when I uninstalled Kazaa I didn´t get rid of Cydoor hence ad aware. BTW animal, could you run
Quote:
as is posting it to be shared
by me once again? Dp you mean share a file on Kazaa or requesting someone to share it on a forum like this one?
Old 07-06-2002, 06:43 PM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

Posting a copyrighted file for public or private distribution
Old 07-06-2002, 06:50 PM   #14
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

it is only illegal if they catch you and they can stop you. If they want to sue me for having MP3's let them. After they spend a ton of cash hauling me into court and win a monetary judgement against me I just have to declare bankruptcy to have the judgement erased. If they have my HD seized and delete the files from it I will just reinstall from my back up discs. If they ever get P2P shareing sites like Kazza permanently shut down I will either look for sites that are similar but out of U.S. jurisdiction or simply use the file shareing attachment on my AOL instant messenger like I have since I downloaded it. Thanks AOL/TimeWarner you are the best friend a music sharer could have!!
Old 07-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #15
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
it is only illegal if they catch you and they can stop you. If they want to sue me for having MP3's let them. After they spend a ton of cash hauling me into court and win a monetary judgement against me I just have to declare bankruptcy to have the judgement erased. If they have my HD seized and delete the files from it I will just reinstall from my back up discs. If they ever get P2P shareing sites like Kazza permanently shut down I will either look for sites that are similar but out of U.S. jurisdiction or simply use the file shareing attachment on my AOL instant messenger like I have since I downloaded it. Thanks AOL/TimeWarner you are the best friend a music sharer could have!!
Heh, I'm not you're mommy, I don't care if people download music or not, I think however, that Horatio needs to be well informed. I doubt they'll ever drag anyone into court for collecting MP3's, it's just not financially feasable. And yes, it is illegal whether you got caught or not.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:19 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ill stick to mp3.com thank you very much... after all i have the codec that lets me download even the songs that are locked

perhaps i shouldn't advertise that...

um did i say download to KEEP? OH no no cuz i mean DOWNLOAD to umm just LISTEN to ... yes.. in a .m3u preview file! yup! LISTENING for SHORT periods of time to songs that i couldn't possibly KEEP and put on an MP3 player without BUYING THE CD is the BEST isn't it? >_>

<_<

ok... ^_^

anyway...
Old 07-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #17
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
WHAT?!? I've just tried to install it from the download and it says "Install Failed" What should I do?
If you are having trouble with Kazaa then try morpheus instead, they are more or less the same program with a few minor differences, the kazaa and morpheus networks are linked so you can download files from Kazaa using morpheus and visa versa.

P.S I got both morpheus and Kazaa from www.downloads.com