Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 12:30 AM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ruby looks curiously at brendon. "do you think, would the meat be ok for wyrd? he hates the leftovers i only have to give him, but i'm not about to let him go at the meat unless it's safe."

scratching wyrd quietly she her anger bristles at the conceit of the sword. how any good, law abiding citizen could truly think well of a prideful arrogant weapon was beyond her. but alas, if she had thought to use it her fight may have been shorter.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:03 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey

"Interesting question, Ruby. It is a clean animal, and not diseased in any way...so that would constitute the cleanliness of the meat...but the creature also has some light magical fibers to itself. If nothing else, I suppose the only bad to come of it would be when Wyrd takes to making fecal droppings...we would never see them in the shadows!
Old 12-23-2002, 03:20 AM   #13
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

With the group seemingly occupied with clue-finding, Syrathic decided that perhaps he should scout ahead a little. No need for the party to be surprised as they were just a short time before. "I'll take a look ahead," he said to no one in particular.

Wrapping his cloak around himself and fading into the shadows, he strode into the darkness ahead. Although creeping around in caverns wasn't exactly his thing, keeping to the shadows was, and they seemed to offset themselves in his mind as he moved. "Things could be worse," he thought to himself. "But no need to give the gods any ideas, lest I find myself in worse straits."

He walked at a slower pace then normal, keeping an eye out for traps. One could never be sure what one would find in depths such as these. With the attack still fresh in his mind, the elf felt that anything could be possible and he was as alert as he could be. He did not wonder too far ahead however, hopefully well in earshot of a yell.

ooc: If Syrathic comes across anything interesting, let me know, Cyril.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:16 PM   #14
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Just a quick note to wish everyone a merry and blessed Christmas.

I'll be out of town visiting my family over the holidays and do not expect to be posting here again until a couple days after Christmas.

Here's hoping the Christmas season passes well for all of you!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:44 PM   #15
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OOC: Ruby and I will be out of town until jan 5th so we shall have to take a brief Hiatus from this game, Cyril, if you wish to continue the storyline I think our IM convo's should serve as an adequate base for continuing our plans.

IC:Morguerat took mental notes of the uniform style, and craftsmenship of the weapons, committing the runes to memory, Euryale... what could it mean...

He then resumed his guard post while the others looted, treasure was of no concern to a paladin, and rifling through the pockets of dead humanoids for loose change had never been his style.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:10 PM   #16
TAOWolf
White Dragon

~As she gazes around her, her cloak billows out behind her, softly flowing with the wind as her hair winds around her body...~

~She lifts one hand to her mouth, and with her teeth pulls off the leather glove, spitting it to the ground. She holds her arm out in front of her palm forward. The rune carved into her palm glows a bright silver into the darkening sky....~

~Lifting her head, her silver/purple eyes shine as a thought strikes her...~

"
I feel something evil and familiar near.........something in the wind...."

~She raises her staff once more, and slams it into the ground again, the shockwave rumbling over the ground towards the distant cliffs......~

~Her eyes flash silver once, and the rune on her palm turns blue.......~

Old 12-30-2002, 11:14 PM   #17
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Syrathic

The darkness of these tunnels is unrelenting and oppressive – more so now that the light spell has expired and the slight illumination it provided has been swallowed by the shadows. Although vision fails here, there are sounds to be heard within the darkness for those whose ears are keen. From some distance the rough notes of coarse speech and disorderly movement can be discerned. The stink of dried blood is in the air and nearby are the rudely cast aside boulders of a sprung dead-fall trap that has claimed no apparent victim.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:10 AM   #18
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Rhianneth

Even as she stands in her silent resentment of the whispered comments of her companions a whispered breath of mocking air enters her breathing. Its words are barely perceptible at first until the cadences of its speech have become one with the rhythms by which she breathes. Soon, each intake of air into her lungs carries its words and each exhalation of breath is but another act of its speech.

Yes! You are the one who left him! And such a sudden flight it was! O yes! And now you crawl about in these lightless tunnels ..... seeking what? And where was this devotion of yours when it might have been of use? ..... He died alone. But of course you knew that! And where were you when he fell, slain by that violent hand – a hand you did nothing of any substance to oppose?

Memories of those distant days spent within the tower of shadow rise within her. And within the memories lies a sound not unlike the rumbling of thunder in distant mountains. The strange figure of a lonely and hostile man emerges and is followed by the image of her overconfident attack falling harmlessly away from him. This is followed by the image of her form shifting into that of a bird as she suddenly flies from the tower and this in turn is followed once more by the strange figure of the lonely and hostile man swinging an axe. The images fall away then, leaving nothing but a groan of pain to sound its notes in time with her breathing as the whisper continues to speak.

Yes, but at least you did help him with his defenses ..... O yes! Such a splendid success that was! Why it is only natural that the roof should be left completely undefended! How well his trust in you served him! ..... And now you return! I suppose it is for the better ..... After all, he is in no condition to be disappointed ..... Do you seek memories, perhaps? But you already have so many! Let me awaken them for you .......

Memories stir within her, but not as mere images of what has past nor as dispassionate recollections of events. The memories that move in a sudden storm within her bear the visceral and conflicted feelings of those past days. Doubts and fears long forgotten burst with renewed vigor again into her mind and beneath all of these is the whisper laughter that speaks with a strange and mocking truthfulness. The laughter then falls silent, leaving her as she breathes, and soon all is as it was before save for the furious raging of memory and doubt and a scent something like that of a long sealed tomb within her nostrils.

ooc: The events referred to here are all described in the original LOF story.

This entire incident takes no more than a few minutes.

[ 12-31-2002, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 12-31-2002, 08:33 AM   #19
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I've more or less moved downstairs to my new workplace and I'm definitely going to be swamped with work, so... here goes...

IC>>>
Rhianneth

You... who are you?... You, who know about my past...

Don't listen to it, Rhianneth! Dear child!...No!...

Be quiet, you old decrepit fool! Too long have I suffered in your shadows... I will no longer heed your words, murderer!

Rhianneth! How... how could you say that to me?... I...

Cease your moral preachings, murderer! Who are you to tell me what is right or wrong, you who sent my mother to her death?!

She murdered Eilonwy Freelight, child. She placed the poison in Mistral's mother - my sister-in-law! How could I face Aragorn after such a heinous deed?? For a few pathetic coins, she abided by Meldrin Nightblade, committed the foul deed...

Save your stories for the ghosts that surround you, old man! From henceforth, you are but a whiff of pungence that I'll shake off, for as long as I want...

To the others, her eyes appear to flash with an ominous glint. Her lips are tersely pressed and she breathes somewhat cautiously. Yet any attempt to address her is repelled by the very air that surrounds her.

Memories... ~ As they come embracing her, tousling her hair, caressing her body enticingly and whispering sweet nothings in her ears, she begins to relax and a faraway look replaces the hardness in her eyes just a minute ago ~ Come to me...

No sooner have these silent words been uttered does the flood now tower above her, hurling wave upon wave of painful recollections mercilessly against her. It is all coming back... unleashed by her own desire, all the furious rants she had engaged in thunder in her ears. Rants of how she had left him in his hour of need and how together, they could have ruled the world...

When at last, the tempest has died down, she stands unsteadily on her feet and breathes erratically. It is clear that she has been shaken by some out-of-the-world experience, but this is matched by a quiet exhilaration.

[ 12-31-2002, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 01-01-2003, 04:34 PM   #20
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic moved forward cautiously, making especially sure that he was as silent as possible. The darkness was thick and he could hardly see, and he didn't want to run into anything nasty. But he still went forward, keeping himself well in range of the group.

A ways ahead, he could hear voices. They spoke coarsely, and he couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, or even if he knew the language. The elf moved ahead to hide behind some boulders which appeared to have fallen as the result of a sprung trap. He peered out from behind the boulders, but still could see nothing. The smell of dried blood hung in the air here, however. "Nothing more I can do here," he thought as he turned back towards his companions.

He knocked on the cavern floor as he neared the group, alerting them to his presence. He was unsure of their state of awareness, but he didn't want to take the chance of being shot. "There's something up ahead," he explained. "Coarse speech, disorderly movement, but I couldn't tell what it was or how many there were. A trap was sprung there, but I didn't see a victim. The boulders from the trap are still there, however, and there is the smell of dried blood in the air. We need to be as quiet as possible when we move ahead, especially once we reach those boulders."
Closed Thread